First pregnancy-nervous!

Olivia

Reaction score
Well hellooo out there!

My name is Olivia and ive just found out that im 5 weeks pregnant :) my fiance and I am thrilled but i am pretty nervous about waiting until 12 weeks for a scan to check the little poppy seed is OK!

I had a LLETZ procedure at beginning of Feb and am worrying that this might affect the pregnancy. Has anyone else had this? Would anyone recommend paying for an early scan?

All advice welcome!

Thank you xx

Welcome :) I've also just found out and am very paranoid as its my first and I haven't got a clue. Not sure about the lletz but maybe speak to your gp about your concerns? X

early scans before 8 weeks will only show tiny blob hun but if you think that it would re assure you then go for it. The heartbeat doesn't start till after 6 weeks so you would probably be best waiting till your about 7 weeks for that as your dates could be out.

Thanks for your replies Ladies :)

Am hoping the midwife will call me soon re the LLETS (procedure where they laser off dodgy cells on cervix) just for a bit of reassurance that my cervix will stay shut lol. Feel like im just wishing my life away until im out of the 'danger zone'

Im rubbish at keeping secrets and just want to chat about how im feeling, nice to be able to come on here! Xx

Congratulations!

I had a scan at 7 weeks due to my previous miscarriages and I could see a HB, which was hugely reassuring. I had another scan at almost 10 weeks and that was bloody amazing!!

7 week was NHS, 10 week was private and worth every single penny!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Awww thats brilliant!

Congrats to you too! OK i think im gonna try and book a private scan just to put my crazy brain to rest :) xxx

Hi Olivia, congratulations on your lovely news and welcome to the forum. We're all nervous mums to be in here so your definately not alone. Even though this is my 3rd baby Im more nervous now then I was with my 1st lol. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

Hi and snap!

I've had the lazer treatment and a cone biopsy, this is our first pregnancy too.

I've got my first mw appointment on Saturday and I'm going to ask about it then, can feed back if your interested? If your really worried (I don't think it's usually a problem till tri 2 anyway) then echo others, talk to your GP.

Hi Olivia!

Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope you will get some reassurance soon :)

xx

Willowisp, yes please to feedback, that's be great!

Hope you mw appt goes well, exciting times! x

Hi Olivia.

I've just recently found out in pregnant too! 4weeks 2 days to be precise!

Saw my gp today, who was lovely I might add, and one of the questions I asked her was about my colposcopy which I had done about ten years ago. She said that it shouldn't really be a problem but like the others have said, just ask your gp when you see them.

You'd think once we got our bfps we'd calm down a bit but the worrying about every little thing seems to kick in almost instantly!

Fingers crossed for sticky healthy beans for us all xxxx

Hi Olivia- congratulations on your fantastic news :)

I fell pregnant in jan after having lletz in oct (although the pregnancy did not last) and when I spoke to my GP they said that there should be no need to worry an that normally there is no impact to the pregnancy other than the baby maybe arriving a tiny bit earlier and even that is when people have had the procedure done twice.

I was reassured that there shouldnt be any need to worry about it at all as so many women have this procedure done and have long and healthy pregnancies :)

Jules x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back