• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First pregnancy, can someone re-assure me please ?

Naterjack

Reaction score
Ive introduced myself in the correct place and put a bit about me there
I found out i was pregnant on Sunday after doing 2x HPT which came back clear as ice - 2x BFP :cheer:

Ive been wanting a baby for ages now but my first reaction was :shock: , then scared, :( and at last i now feel happy :)

I'm sure this is normal mixed emotions but i keep crying then feeling happy. Not sure what else to do .... is it really true ? Should i take another make of HPT ?

Do i go to the doctors ?

When do i tell my parents? They know how much ive been wanting a baby so it wont be a shock but i am very worried they will be disappointed (but deep down i know they will be very happy). Shall i call them or wait till we see them next week ?

We live in a 6th floor flat and are putting it on the market this week to hopefully move house, but what if it doesnt sell? Oh god

What if ..... ?

I feel fine apart from a few little cramps down the left of my uterus / womb, is this normal ?

Sorry for so many questions - i am so very scared and happy - not sure how i feel really

:| :|

hi hun, first of all congartulations on ur pregnancy :D
secondly all the emotions u are feeling are completely normal i remember feeling exactly the same. u will feel a few niggles in ur womb, bit like period pains, u get these on and off through out pregnancy and u need to ring the docs coz they will wanna do a blood test to confirm the pregnancy, work out how far along u are and then set u up for midwife appointments, i wouldnt tell ur parents til u have been to the docs and the housin situation will be fine, me and my oh had to live seperatley through my whole pregnancy and then with his monther for the first 3 weeks of abigails life so just relax, everythin will be fine and enjoy ur pregnancy its a wonderful thing xx

Congratulations :) it is ok to be scared..

i'm on my way out but just wanted to say...

no point doing another HPT - you are pregnant :)

depends when your last AF was as no point going to the drs too early - there is nothign they can do and you just have to play the waiting game - I went about 7 weeks :)

make sure you are taking folic acid 400micrograms a day - very important!

you don't need to tell your parents or anyone else until YOU are ready :hug:

hopefully the flat will sell but if not you WILL manage - don't worry about what you can't change...

A lot of people don't get any symptoms until 6/7 weeks or later - cramps are normal - in fact most variations are normal at this stage don't worry.
:hug:

Give yourself some time to get used to the idea - take care of yourself, eat well and enjoy it :) :hug:

Congratulations :)

Gp's tend to vary, some test again, others take you at your word. My local area info tells me that women can skip going to their GP to confirm their pregnancy and simply go book in with the MW from 8 weeks onwards. My GP didn't test me just said 'Congratulations' took BP, worked out my due date and said to book in with the MW in a few weeks.

The reason they don't book in beforehand is that there really is nothing to be done pregnancy wise. Nature is doing her bit :)

Take folic acid, eat well, work out your due date if you know your LMP - this site can calculate for you

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine/in ... pregnancy/

and then book in when you are closer to 8 weeks (or go see your GP a bit before this if you want to inform them also)

As for telling your parents, thats up to you.

And yes, twinges etc are normal.

Thanks Guys
Ive been taking folic acid so thats good and i just rang the docs who said congrats, that HPT's are very accurate and they wont need to see me until about 8 weeks (so my appointment is booked)

I think i'm about 5 weeks this wek which means by litte one would be due on Xmas Eve :dance: An xmas baby, how spooky is that - i always wanted to get married at xmas and have a baby ay Xmas

Thanks for your advice - the more the better :)

First... CONGRATS! :dance:

Try and work out your due date from your LMP- then you need to book a doctors appointment for when you are about 8 weeks where they will book you in for your first scan and booking in appointment with midwife. It differs from area to area but you may need to go for a blood test at about 11 weeks.

Tell people when YOU are ready- it is nice to have it as your little secret for a while :lol: How does your OH feel?

You have another 8 months left to sell your flat and move- thats quite a long time so try not to panic :hug:

Cramps and Twinges are completely normal- it's your body adjusting to the baby growing.

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :hug:

Thanks guys
I have just rang my mom and told her and she was chuffed, then she quickly rang my dad and he said that he had a really strong feeling that i was expecting (even before we knew :doh: )

If all goes well, Xmas will be rather a lovely time this year
I am now much less nervous and feel really excited .

Only down side is that mum told me that I have GOT to put my horse out on loan or sell her, as she doesnt want me to risk riding her :cry:
The one hobby that keeps me sane
But i suppose 9 months isnt too long to wait to enjoy my hobby again is it ???

Naterjack said:
Only down side is that mum told me that I have GOT to put my horse out on loan or sell her, as she doesnt want me to risk riding her :cry:
The one hobby that keeps me sane
But i suppose 9 months isnt too long to wait to enjoy my hobby again is it ???

Well, depending on what you do with her, would you not be turning her out for the summer to rest anyways? Just turn her out a bit sooner than planned maybe? You could carry on with her for a bit, just not riding her till after LO is here. Maybe advertise for someone to come exercise her a few times a week? Or lunge her? And then by the time you need to get her fit for the autumn you would have had time to find someone who would like to do that for you?

I'd not sell her if you don't have to and plan to ride again once LO is here. Out on loan is doable but again you'd have to be happy about where she was going for the year.

we mainly do hacking really and Molly is much happier ion work - I usually do more in the summer than any other time nowadays (haven't hunted for a while)

However i do know someone local who is looking for a loan and i know she is lovely and trustworthy - maybe thats the best idea

First of all - congratulations!!!

It's VERY normal to feel the way you feel, it's like all of a sudden you want everything sorted ASAP so you can be "ready" for when bubs arrives! It's impossible to get EVERYTHING sorted straight away though, so try to relax and enjoy this part of pregnancy, everything is new and exciting and also worrying at times - You'll also start to find that you'll be needing all the energy you're using worrying and stressing on other things, like keeping you eyes open at work :bored: oh and walking places, pregnancy takes it out of you!

It's worth contacting your docs and just saying you're pregnant, they'll tell you the next step (it differs depending on different areas) but yeah, they're your first port of call.

Only you can decide when is the right time to tell your parents :D I told mine straight away (A.. because I live with them and B.. it wasn't planned, and C.. I needed support) so it worked for me. Some decide to leave it til later so do whatever is best for you babe :hug:

The cramps (as long as they aren't accompanied by blood) sound like stretching/implantation cramping or something. Loads of women experience this early on.

Anyway, I could talk for England so I'll shut up now! HUGE congrats though!! :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back