Someone please help me as I am unsure whats happening

lilangel

Reaction score
Hi!
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am feelin these slight cramps in my tummy. They feel like period cramps but they do not hurt. i have asked a few family members and friends who have all had children of their own. They have told me that it is quite normal during the first stages of pregnancy, is this true? They said the reason for this is that my uterus is adjusting. I hope that someone will help me out on this as I am a first time mother to be and I am scared and so unsure on what is happening and i am hoping that I am not miscarring as I have waited so long for this pregnancy.

Hi

All the advice you have been given is correct! Your uterus is the size of a pear, it needs to grow to the size of a water melon to accomodate the baby. Since the uterus is all muscle the way it does this is to have mini work outs by stretching and contracting its muscles. These contractions can be felt and are known to us as cramps! Later on in your pregnancy these can often become stronger (braxton hicks contracxtions) and this is the uterus stengthening its enlarged muscles ready for child birth.

If your cramps become painful, are accompanied by bleeding and lower back pain then its best to contact your midwife to be on the safe side. Otherwise try not to worry about everything to much - its better for your body and the baby if you are relaxed!!!

Hope this makes you feel better

yep.. what kim said! lol! Please keep us updated!

try not to worry - this is normal, especially in a first time mother - as long as the pain is mild, like period gripes.

If the pain gets severe, and is stabbing, go to see your doctor or midwife to rule out any problems such as ectopic pregnancy.

Take care

Lynn

Don't worry..I'm 7 weeks in to pg#2..and I'm having the same cramps. It really is completely normal, and if you think about it, you can understand the pressures that your body is under..it's natural that we have twinges all the way through, although they will change as your pg progresses, as indeed will the size and shape of your uterus. Like has already been said, though, if there's bleeding or severe pain that doesn't subside after a couple of hours, you need to see your doctor or midwife.

Hiya...Im exactly the same having Cramps and this baby is my 6th! You would think by now it would be pretty well stretched.

I have to say that Kimbot explaination is the best that I have ever seen. Its so clear and understandable. Thanks Kim...xxxx

"All the advice you have been given is correct! Your uterus is the size of a pear, it needs to grow to the size of a water melon to accomodate the baby. Since the uterus is all muscle the way it does this is to have mini work outs by stretching and contracting its muscles. These contractions can be felt and are known to us as cramps! Later on in your pregnancy these can often become stronger (braxton hicks contracxtions) and this is the uterus stengthening its enlarged muscles ready for child birth.

Ragna xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back