First post, first pregnancy. My story so far.

sammy171286

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Okay so ill start by saying that due to underlying conditions my cycles were messed up and I knew it was going to be a struggle to get pregnant...but here I am.
I took a pregnancy test last week as I was going to the loo a lot more and also feeling very fatigued. I was not expecting it to be positive so three HPT's later I thought hey I should see a doctor.

I told my dr that I'd don't three HPT and all positive and she felt no need to do another. She did an external examination , prodded and poked my belly. She told me that she thought I was 10-12 weeks pregnant all ready! I was shocked, I have no idea how I didn't know. I though morning sickness was a very common symptom but obviously not in my case. She told me to boom in with the midwife ASAP. I see her a week on Wednesday.

A part of me still doesn't believe it and I don't think I will until I have the scan.

Things I'm finding hard at the minute is tiredness, loss of appetite and terrible heart burn. Any thoughts or pov on this would be nice.

So yea, I'm just waiting on my midwife appointment to clear a few things up in my head. I worry a lot normally but now I'm pregnant its worse. I can't help but imagine the worst all the time. I'm hoping ill feel better after the scan and I know for sure everything is okay.

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear some more story's so I can compare.

Wow firstly congratulations!!! It would be amazing if you are that far on and have managed to skip the first very worrying weeks until the scan!

Good luck with the midwife! And Yes the heartburn only gets worse I'm afraid it's definitely the worst worst symptom I had during pregnancy x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Congratulations!!

Wow, you're almost out of tri1, as someone who is a dreadful worrier, let me tell you that the run up to the first scan has been the worst for me, I'm always imagining the worst will happen, but I found out at 5 weeks I was PG, but won't be having my scan until next week (13 weeks), so it's been a long, hard emotional slog. So If you're a worrier like me I'm thankful you've not had to go through all those weeks of worry.

As for symptoms, other than some mild nausea very early on, I've not had morning sickness, tiredness/fatigue has been my worst enemy, I really hope that you have a successful first scan and a beautiful pregnancy. You'll definitely have to keep us updated on your scan and the progress you make :)

Carlee

Congrats! I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :D

I can only echo the above. Congratulations on you bfp and on managing to skip over the worrying of the first few weeks! Tri 1 is a bitch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back