first outing without OH....

muppetmummy

Reaction score
...apart from the school run, and what a bloody nightmare! :wall:

It's been a lovely sunny day today so i decided to walk down to the baby clinic and take Logan to the breastfeeding support group. I decided I'd better take him in his pram because the ringsling I have is not secure enough to be handsfree, and my pouch sling only arrived this morning so i haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I was nervous about taking him in the pram because he has issues with not being held and often cries the second I put him down. The clinic is a 20 in walk each way too! :wall:

The walk there was lovely, he had just been fed before hand so slept the whole way. The breastfeeding group was great, the other ladies were really nice and one of the girls from my antenatal classes was there. Logan had a feed there and I thought he was finished, but 5 mins before I was about to leave to pick James up from school 10 mins away he decides he wants another feed! :shock:

I decided to try and fill Logie with as much milk as possible but he was showing signs of wanting a long and leisurely half assed feed using me as a dummy between courses :wall:

I fed him/let him suck for as long as possible, but I realised I was gonna be late picking James up so had to stuff him back in his pram and leave to get James. Normally I would try and feed him on the move but I was too late for that, I had to speed walk for almost 10 mins with a screaming baby, then turn up at the school over 5 mins late for James. I gave Logan a feed in the playground but he wasnt really eating, just comfort sucking, so after 10 mins i put him back in his pram and pushed him the 10 min walk home, screaming all the way!!

got home feeling stressed and like a bad mummy. i so need to learn to breastfeed him in a sling.

to top it off james hates me this afternoon cos logans feeding again. its so hard looking after james when ive got logan stuck to me!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry your day turned into a bit of a mare :hug:

I'm not breast feeding but know what you mean about James as we are having similar issues with Jamie. Charlie is quite unsettled atm and Jamie is feeling it, in regards to us having Charlie screaming constantly and us walking the floor with him :roll:

thanks girls :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: ive recovered now, i'd forgotten how upsetting and stressful it is having a baby screaming.

i hope charlie settles soon fiona, i remember pacing around at stupid o clock with a colicy james :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back