First midwife appointment today!

klferrin

Reaction score
I had my first midwife appt today! It's the first contact I've had since my dating scan which turned put to be 9w 2d! So such a relief to hear all is well!

Midwife wasn't going to listen to the hb but I did insist she try, she said you can't always find them at 16-17 weeks (but I knew if I could find it on my Doppler she would have no issues!) Anyway she found the hb which was 140bpm and she said she could also hear the baby move around like it was kicking the transducer! Sounds like I have a real wriggler on my hands.. Hopefully I will be able to feel its movements soon -fx!!
Uterus is good size too, so all in all a good appointment!

Excellent news hun!!!

My 16w appointment was my fave (other than the scans) as I had two male midwives and they were both lovely....

I also got to hear HB (142bpm) and as the main MW was actually a consultant - he was just t filling in for moring sugrery - I left feeling super happy as all he kept saying was what a pleasure it was to deal with a healthy patient like me!

I posted here at 17 weeks as I still hadn't felt anything but by 18 weeks it all started!! Now I feel bub all the time

xxxxxxxx

Glad it all went well for you xx

Glad it all went well. I guess I better make an appointment soon now as I put it off cos I had my scan to look forward to . xx

Last edited:
Oh i love threads like this!
So glad it went well x

I was pleased with the outcome, although, they did ask if I brought a urine sample with me... but no one told me I needed to bring one and I didn't have a sample pot in any case! So I managed to escape that... I did offer to bring one in but they said I didn't need to bother.
I also thought they would go over my blood results from my dating scan appointment, which was about 7 weeks before this appt, but they didn't have them in the notes! Bloomin useless!! I am quite lucky though as my sister is a midwife in the hospital I'm planning to give birth, so she had already printed out my results for me and I had them on me, so I had them to go over. If I didn't have that, then my appt would have been pretty useless, just taking my blood pressure. I had to insist on her finding the baby hb with the doppler too!!
Next thing to look forward to is my 20 week scan on 30th July... the countdown begins!!
:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back