First GP Visit

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had my first Gp visit yesterday to confirm I am actually pregnant! :dance: After all my anxieties she was very nice and gave me loads of information. Hopefully they will be able to offer my first scan the week before Christmas, not sure I could manage to keep the secret :x over the Christmas and New Year period.
Just a quick question on dates, do GP's calculate differently? My last af started on 30/09 which by my calculations makes my due date 7/7/10, but she thought 8/7/10. I know it's only a day's difference and really the little bean will arrive when it wants to! Just wondered!

Oh, actually got to and stayed asleep last night, woo hoo..... still exhausted today though :wall2:

Last edited:
I got 7/7/2010 :) But of course after a scan it could move either way.. xx

Did she do it on one of those little wheel charts? They often come up wrong by a day because of leap years. When you have your 12 week scan they'll date you and then that one will be your 'official' due date. Like you said though, they come when they are cooked!

Congrats again and LOVE the new ticker!! :D

Last edited:
Ah yeah it was one of those wee wheels!! Whatever the date it will be slap bang in the middle of mine and OH's birthdays, what better birthday present!! Can't wait for the scan now. And how scary is that 'Ready, Steady Baby' book!!

I dont think I've seen that one. So are you going to find out the sex when the time comes????

I think it might be an NHS Scotland publication, all my friends are well aware of it from their pregnancies. It's very comprehensive from pre-conception to toddler, a bit too comprehensive in places!!
I'm not sure about the sex of the baby, my OH thinks its a girl, his friend thinks it's a boy. I have no idea! To be honest I'm really holding back from thinking too far ahead, because I was diagnosed with PCOS my chances of mc are higher. Not something to dwell on but taking a day at a time just now and I suppose wishing the first 12 weeks over already.
So I've totally skirted around the question, I don't know!! :) In a way I'd like it to be a surprise being our first, in another way it seems nice to plan!

My friend who has PCOS just had her 3rd healthy baby and no MCs so I'm sure all will be well :)

I hope everything goes well for you.. I also have a friend who has PCOS and has recently had her 2nd healthy baby girl with no mc's, so try to keep positive :) xx

I alwasy thought that the wheel thingy they use is what you should follow. I have also checked for you and it came up as 7th July too. I'm due the week after you and I ma hoping that bubba comes on time as then I will be home for my E's 3rd birthday which is on the 19th. I do not want this one to be born on E's birthday as I like celebrating my children's birthday's. I go crazy on them and it is only once a year that I do this. Christmas is another celebration but they get more for there birthday as I feel they need to understand the meaning of christmas and what it symbolizers. Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you and sharing our experiencers. And yeah on your first baby they are so special

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back