First ever BFP!

firstfreakout

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.

On Christmas Eve I got my first ever BFP! My boyfriend and I (I'm 26 he's 30) weren't TTC but using withdrawal due to complications with hormonal contraceptives, however either I miscalculated my ovulation date or ovulated 3-5 days earlier than I ever have before.

As I don't know when I ovulated and we weren't using OPKs, I know I got my BFP about 6 days before my period would have been due on the 30th, using a FRER and a Boots brand cheapie. Both the lines came up within about a minute or so and were faint but very visible - no tilting to the light or squinting and could be seen from a distance from the counter.

I then did quite a few more tests over Christmas, from FRER to Clearblue +, all of which were positive.

Two days after the first test, I did a Clearblue digital which came up Pregnant 1-2 within a few minutes!

I did another test this morning using FMU and FRER and the line is as dark as the control line, and about 3 times darker than the FRER I used on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I tested because I just knew I was pregnant, which is odd having never been pregnant before.
I've since been having very clear pregnancy symptoms, albeit very mild ones.

(Now, if you read all that, amazing!)

My worry is that my period isn't due until Friday, and it's only Wednesday. I have a 27-29 day cycle since coming off contraception in January, with most months being 27 days. I'm worried that my period will come anyway as the internet has scared me silly regarding MMCs. :wall2: I've been having some cramps and pulling, upset stomach in the very early morning each day but not during the day, not craving my usual chocolates (and I'm surrounded by them at the moment!), and slight nausea and tiredness that gets worse as the day goes on.

I can't get a doctor's appointment until Friday at the earliest as I'm away at the in-laws for the Christmas period, however I doubt they'll do much even then as I technically won't even be late yet!

I thought I'd post and nosy around for any support/advice?

On the one hand I'm very excited and optimistic that I got positives so early and so strong, and even one on a digital 4-5 days before my period would have been due! However I'm so terrified having never gone through this before and we really really want this poppyseed to stick!
:dust:

Last edited:
Congratulations !, umm well you are proof that the withdrawal method doesn't work lol. Try not to panic, I heard one doctor say that there is nothing you can do to stop a good pregnancy from progressing, just as there is nothing you can do to stop a bad pregnancy from ending. Try not to stress or worry and just enjoy being pregnant. x

Thanks Lillith :)

Well, the thing is we use the withdrawal method apart from the fertile window, however I mixed up my days and probably ovulated a day or two early on top of that, so really we didn't use the withdrawal method at all this month - just being risky. However we have talked about having a baby and were planning on starting to try possibly at the end of next year, but it's just happened sooner :p

But we are both super excited and happy - a perfect Christmas present for us both!

Congrats!

I'm guessing you're nearly 4 weeks pregnant... maybe worth making an appointment with doctor at about 6 weeks pregnant and then you should get to see a midwife at say 8 or 9 weeks pregnant. At this stage I don't think there's much they could say other than 'what did the pregnancy test say' and maybe 'are you eating healthily' :)

Good luck for the next 9 months xx

Thank you everyone :)

I saw the doctor today, the day my period is due, mostly due to the nature of my job and returning to it tomorrow. (I have to be moved and change roles if pregnant due to risks etc) As I got a positive test a whole week before my period, and my last period being mostly spotting, they want me to drop by the EPU next week to have a scan to see if they can determine any dates, as I'll be either 4 weeks or 8 weeks, but they need to know which to know when to see me for screening etc by 12 weeks.

I'm currently feeling a little crampy on and off, paranoid about bleeding (my teenage sister has had two miscarriages in the last year which has made me a bit worried), have a little "pouch" forming under my belly button already due to bloating, sore boobies, extreme fatigue and slight nausea when I haven't eaten much. I didn't think I could be feeling these things from what would have been 3 weeks when it started, which is another reason they want to determine the dates.

Thanks for the advice and congrats! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back