first doctors app...

minx_09

Reaction score
hiya im booking my doctors appoinment 2moz. jus wondering what do the doctors do and check in the first appointment?? xx:eh:

does anybody know because this will be my first and everythin is all new to me. thanks. xx

My doctors appointment was very uneventful! He basically asked what the date of my late period was. Told me to take folic acid. Asked me if i eat healthy and then told me to get a form from the front desk to refer myself to the midwives. That was it, no test, bloodpressure, nothing. THe lady behind the desk gaveme a pack of info and I just waited to hear from the midwife.

My doctor asked about my previous labour/birth and asked what caused my emergancy C-section, he then did swabs for Strep B and Bacterial Vaginosos (charming) as both of these can cause problems. Other than what Tiny said he didnt do anything else except for congratulate me!

Mine filled out a form, which I gace her all the info for. No tests, no questions. Was in and out in about 5 mins. That form was then sent to a midwife and the next thing I heard was when I rang the surgery when I was 8 weeks.

Pretty much what everyone else have said but I was rather disappointed about the way the surgeries treat new mums to be, well the receptionists anyway, but when I went to see my doctor, she ran through a list of questions, regarding my health and the first day of my last period, then she was going to book me into see the midwife, but the nosey receptionist had already done that. I had my blood pressure taken, weight and height measured. It seems these days they don't actually confirm your pregnancy no more.

Last edited:
Mine was last Thursday, nothing really happened to be honest, he asked for the date of my last period, told me I was around 9 weeks, gave me some folic acid tablets and told me to book an appointment at anti natal. I didn't mind at the time to be honest, I was still so shocked that I was pregnant, but now I do feel like he should have given me some leaflets or something :eh:

hope it goes ok today minx, chances are the first midwife appt will be where you get some proper info etc, our doctor was very nonplussed and just told me to speak to the midwife. There is even a sign up in our surgery now, saying congratulations to all new mums, but don't bother getting a doctor appointment, make an appointment with the midwife in reception!

Hope it goes well today hun, what time is your appointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back