first babies - did you tear during the birth?

I didnt tear but then Maddison was only 4lbs 15oz :lol: I only had to push twice :wink:

Snuggle, I am soooo jealous! 2 pushes sounds like heaven!

I lost count after I passed the 2 hour mark!

hopefully it'll be easier if I have another.

K.x

KJ said:
Snuggle, I am soooo jealous! 2 pushes sounds like heaven!

I lost count after I passed the 2 hour mark!

hopefully it'll be easier if I have another.

K.x

LOL I'm aiming to do it in one push with the next one :lol: I'm betting I will have the worst labour ever with the next one after a 50 minute one with Maddison :?

I voted no, but I had an episiotimy, so will never know :?

i did but not too bad- i tried so hard to breathe and pant in the right places and not push until they guided the head out but i still tore-
only needed 5 stitches though so it was only small!

Yep 2nd degree internal tear that required a trip to theatre to be sewn up. She was only 5lb7.5oz :oops: Didnt feel it though and it was not too painful afterwards my nipples hurt more.

But i was only pushing for 20 mins she wanted out didnt give me time to stretch properly.

I had an episiotomy and a second degree tear. I didn't feel myself tear though :)

yes i had a 2nd degree perineal requiring 2 stitches. healed within a week

I had an episiotomy as I had a forceps delivery, I was told that about 90% of women are cut/tear with first baby - not sure how accurate that is though

2nd degree tear but never had any problems afterwards or with healing.

My DS weighed 7lb 4oz and came out after 2 pushes. x

I had a 2nd degree tear but they didn't tell me how many stitches, it was one long piece of thread though :shakehead: The grazing was the absolute worst part, it looked like a moon crater on my labia and the stitches kept rubbing against it which was agony.
I spent most of the first couple of weeks in tears because of my sore foo and sore nips from breastfeeding, I could've done with the gas and air when I weed.
And how the hell are you supposed to angle yourself to pour a jug of water on your foo when you wee? I found that impossible!

I had a 2nd degree tear with quite a few stitches. He weighed in at 8lb 14.5oz :shock: Had no problems with healing though, just a little sore afterwards but I think thats to be expected whether you tear or not tbh x

I had a 3rd degree with my first - i was so excited about him being here though i couldnt have cared less about that.

2nd degree tear as her hand was up by her face when she was born.
Also had an episiotomy and forceps after 20 mins of pushing..

3rd degree tear with my 1st who was 7lb 6oz and most likely reason was he was born within 33mins of my waters breaking! Didn't know it had happened and didn't really hurt just a bit tender when getting up/sitting down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back