• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Antenatal Appointment

PinkHank

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just booked in for my first Antenatal Appointment, which is in 2 weeks.

I was just wondering what to expect from this?

My Dr said alot of paperwork will be involved.

x

Mine was filling in all of the pregnancy notes - to do with your and OHs health and family history etc.

Midwife will prob ask you for a wee sample and then just answer any questions and inform you about tests you can have etc.

My midwife also called the hospital and booked my first scan while i was with her x

Mine was filling in all of the pregnancy notes - to do with your and OHs health and family history etc.

Midwife will prob ask you for a wee sample and then just answer any questions and inform you about tests you can have etc.

My midwife also called the hospital and booked my first scan while i was with her x

Thanks! So it will actually be with my Midwife?

Yeah, depends on your surgery though whether youll have the same midwife all the time, they said i might have to see 2 or 3 different midwives at my surgery because its so busy x

Oh it different here , my first and next appointment will be in the hospital at 12 weeks . MW will take notes , history , blood and urine samples . then send me up to be scanned , then home .

Mine filled in paperwork, asked about our family histories, and took blood and pee. It wasn't with my 'named' midwife - but I've now had 3 appts and a scan and not seen my named one yet so I'm wondering what the point of having a named one is since she won't be there when I give birth anyway! It can save time if you pick up the pack beforehand and fill in the boring bits ready for your appt, if that's possible round your way.

Mine filled in paperwork, asked about our family histories, and took blood and pee. It wasn't with my 'named' midwife - but I've now had 3 appts and a scan and not seen my named one yet so I'm wondering what the point of having a named one is since she won't be there when I give birth anyway! It can save time if you pick up the pack beforehand and fill in the boring bits ready for your appt, if that's possible round your way.

Thanks! :)

Congratulations to you - Good luck for your appointment - enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back