First AF after miscarriage, sorry if TMI

Dinkydizzy

Reaction score
Yesterday was day 2 of AF and it was quite painful which I was warned about, this morning however I have woke up to what can only be described as a murder scene, I’ve ruined my mattress, mattress topper, bottoms, underwear, and completely soaked through my pad and now through the pad I put on after I got up, is this normal? I didn’t even bleed this much after my miscarriage

God you poor thing you're really going through it! They do say the first one can be pretty heavy but that does sound a lot - maybe put a call in to your surgery or even EPU and explain the situation - they will reassure you if nothing else xx

That sounds really really heavy hun I'd call for some advice I've never had a mc but u do have heavy periods but even I have never been that bad I only ever find the need to scrub the mattress if I have af arrive in my sleep with no warning. Also stain remover powder like vanish or the cheapie Lidl one works well mix into a paste and just use that to scrub the mattress will get it right out let it dry and then Hoover the powder off the mattress

Thankyou ladies, I’ve been too busy to go to the doctors today but I think I may have to give them a phone call now, been really really heavy all day and had to change the pad every hour, just had stay and play at my 4 year olds school and changed my pad 2 hours ago and put a nighttime one on come home and it’s soaked through and is everywhere, again sorry for tmi

Rang 111 cuz my surgery is closed, they said I need to speak to a gp within 12 hours so the on call doctor is gonna phone me at some point

That sounds like significant blood loss to me....are you still really heavy? I’d be inclined to go to a+e

My partners at work now until 11pm and I’ve got both the kids so I’ll wait and see what the on call doctor says and if he thinks I should go and get seen I’ll get my mum up to come and sit with the kids x

Even after giving birth at term, women should not need to change pads hourly throughout the day x

Last edited:
On call doctor has advised I go to a&e but there’s no chance of me going there tonight so I’ll go up when I’ve dropped the kids at school in the morning, if I feel worse tonight or start to feel dizzy or anything I’ll go up, but if I’m just the same as I am now I’ll go in the morning

Bleeding had calmed down when I woke up this morning so I didn’t need to go and get seen in the end

Glad it isn't as bad hun just stay as hydrated as you can xx

Glad it’s subsided. Traumatic enough without loads of blood loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back