Finger food, need some advice

futuremum

Reaction score
Right, I am ashamed to admit that i have not started finger foods with Thomas and he does not take any lumps either.

now when you give finger food like banana, carrot ... do you give a slice, a big chunck? which one dissolves itself the best?

I am so scared of him chocking that i panick at the idea ( i know, it is silly but it is true)

any tips on this? thanks

I just replied to you in the pasta section. :wave:

Try a nice ripe pear. Keep it whole but stem removed and peeled. I would give Oscar half a banana. He plays with the foods, but does eat a fair amount of it too. Even if Thomas does not eat it now, he will have fun with the textures - part of their senses development too.

Toast and butter has been a favourite fo a while... try it. You'll be surprised how much control our babies have when they feed themselves - with regards to controling the chewing.

Try Thomas with some of these foods, I bet you he'll love it!

Good luck! :wink:
Emilia xx

Banana is nice and soft, I normally give Ella half a one and she squishes it to death :lol: Tomato (if he doesn't have any known allergies to it) is also nice and soft and easy to handle. Avocado slices (very messy though!) are good.

Rice cakes are harder, but soften when they dribble all over them. Ella has 'choked' a couple times on them though so you might find that a bit scary at first (I shat my pants the first time she did it!)

Kina said:
Banana is nice and soft, I normally give Ella half a one and she squishes it to death :lol: Tomato (if he doesn't have any known allergies to it) is also nice and soft and easy to handle. Avocado slices (very messy though!) are good.

Rice cakes are harder, but soften when they dribble all over them. Ella has 'choked' a couple times on them though so you might find that a bit scary at first (I shat my pants the first time she did it!)

We're two peas in a pod!! Both of us posted at the ame time! :hug:

Emilia xx

:hug:

Talking of peas have you tried Oscar with anything small like that? Ella's pincher grasp is really coming along and I didn't know if it would help her?

Yes. I just defrost the peas and give them to him like that. He squashes some and eat others..... some even come out WHOLE on the other end!! :rotfl:

Emilia xx

Can't really add much to what Kina and Emilia have written, Rice cakes are brill iant finger foods and i bet he will suprise you with how he takes to eat, just stay real close and be ready to scoop out his mouth

Jack has only 'choked' once and thats was on a peanut butter sandwich 'cos he shoved too much in :D

good luck hun :hug:

Brody likes

Hot cross buns
Mini sandwiches
Cheese
Carrot batons
brocolli
rusk
HumZingers (so good I made a thread about them today :lol: )

Finger-food wise I give Lydia toasted cheese on toast (I cut it up into squares and pop them in front of her - she eats some but a lot ends up on the floor or under her butt lol).
also things like:
bananas (I give her half a banana which she waves around for a while whilst eating bits of lol)
rice cakes (which she loves - she'd eat them forever if she could!)
ham/turkey ham/sliced turkey
bread-type things

She's got 8 teeth so she's pretty good at biting small enough pieces from things and chewing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back