Finger Food Help Needed!!!

jenni32

Reaction score
Jude is 7 months now. Trying him with thicker, more bitty foods but he's not having it! Just spits and sprays it everywhere. Reckon he's ready for finger foods really but I'm terrified of him choking. I really am terrified , think I've got a bit of a problem with it if I'm honest.
What should I give him? I'm feeling bad about it all :(

Just do it!
I was the same hun, so scared. At first I did it when other people were there incase he choked. He never did by btw. I started with brown bread and butter fingers and theses:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Organix_Finger_Fo ... t__6392554

They are really good as they melt very quickly and taste quite yummy! :wink:

I know it's scary but babies have a natural gag relax so its very unlikely he/she will choke. Good luck :hug:

edit: forgot to say, keep trying the bitty food. Dan wouldn't eat it at first and kept spitting it out, but he's fine now.

Hi

:hug: Don't be scared. It is horrible. I waited ages and ages with Isaac because I was so anxious I even used to plan what I would do if choked, like grab my keys, run to the neighbours house then the doctors. Silly cow! With Isaac I gave him things that dissolve in the mouth like rice cakes, bread, very lightly toasted and buttered toast. I posted on here too when I was weaning Isaac saying the same as you! Its one of them things you'll look back at and laugh but when its actually happening its such a worry. My advice would be to take things slowly and build up your's and your LO's confidence and don't worry about how long it takes because you will get there in the end.

Good luck

Lou x

Thanks girls, I know I'm being thick about all of this! When you give LO bread and butter etc does the butter have to be unsalted? Or do you just give them Flora or whatever you use yourself? xx

jenni32 said:
Thanks girls, I know I'm being thick about all of this! When you give LO bread and butter etc does the butter have to be unsalted? Or do you just give them Flora or whatever you use yourself? xx

Yeah just give them whatever you have. We use lurpack and I think its lightly salted. And you're not being thick! All this stuff you are asking is what we have all asked at some point and there will be plenty of girls after you asking the same, then you'll be giving them advice! None of us are born knowing all this baby mallarky, we have to pick it up as we go along :lol:

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back