Finally!

Frankinstein12

Reaction score
After waiting a long time, I can finally say we are now trying to conceive :-D
Deffo excited but very nervous!
I have PCOS and we have been not trying/not preventing now since I was diagnosed in 2012 but I have never fallen pregnant. However, over the past year I have had normal cycles and been very regular! I'm hoping it's a good sign.
I have some ovulation tests and last month they came back positive but I'm not completely trusting of them as I know with PCOS they aren't always accurate.

Hello and welcome to PF :)

It good to hear you are having regular cycles, I suggest you download a tracker app something like fertility friend or glow and I highly recommend starting your BBT. I was very against doing it in my first year and used OPKs but couldn't be 100% sure I was ovulating. I have found I am ovulating very much after the positive opk but so glad to see myself ovulating.

I wish the very best in your TTC journey and hope it is a short one to your BFP :) xx

Hi there,
Thank you :)
Yeah that's a good idea!
I will give it a go,
I have a period tracker app which I've been doing for over a year now so it's good to get an overall picture, my cycles last around 37 days going off this.
It seemed pretty spot on when I ovulated last month :) x

Exciting! The start of 2017 marks TTC#2 for me. Took 22 months with #1 so hoping it'll be quicker this time! I'm using Ovia, last cycle was 38 days. I'm keen to track a few more to see if they're all similar. I'm a bit hopeless with knowing what's going on with my own body! Good luck with your TTC journey. I hope a BFP is just around the corner for you!

Hi honey!

Good luck on your TTC journey, I hope it doesn't take you too long to get your BFP!! This is also my first month TTC, I'm currently on CD15, my cycle is usually around 31 days. I'm using the CBFM to track my ovulation, I've been having highs since CD9 but no peak yet, I've heard this is quite normal for the first month of use though, so we've just made sure we DTD every other day so far to cover us! Lots of lovely :dust: to you! Xx

So exciting!
This will be our first.
I am quite nervous though,
A little about me, I'm 26, a primary school teacher, been married a year but with him 8 going on 80 years haha
We have two little furbabies and live in Lancashire.
The thought of the actual birth really worried me but I know there is no easy way to get one out haha!
I'm looking forward to being pregnant and experiencing all those 'firsts'

Hello, good luck! My cycles are regular (although I do get spotting), I get positive ovulation tests and my bbt confirm I'm ovulating too. So I'd say you've got good signs! PCOS is still a bitch though, hate it! Xx

This will be our first baby too! I'm so excited for all the 'firsts' as well!
I'm 30, OH is 35, we've been together 5 years, I'm an accountant and have to travel abroad for work, so when I get the BFP I may have to tell work early. I live in Notts with my OH and our GSD!
Looking forward to getting to know you more on here!! Xx

Good luck to everyone! Also TTC #1 so looking forward to all the 'firsts' as well. I'm taking a new approach this cycle in trying to take control of what I can so that I feel like I'm making a positive contribution to helping the process along. Unlike most though, I've so far stayed away from OPKs and BBT as I feel I would start to obsess lol! I'm lucky that now my prolactin levels are normal, I'm having very regular cycles so I can predict myself fairly well. Not sure if I'll keep it up though!!

I do hope I don't become too obsessed haha
I have had really bad nausea and a little feverish the past few days :-( we went to the in laws yesterday and my MIL said I looked really pale and pasty. I said I didn't feel well, the smell of the food was knocking me sick! And she had this really strong cinnamon Yankee burning I nearly vommed.
I ended up saying to my hubby let's go after 45 mins I felt really bad, but I had started to burn up :-(
My FIL gave me a big cuddle and kiss bless him.
So I've been in bed most of yesterday and just got up now to feeling still a little nauseous :-(
I've dropped 3lbs x

Good luck to you all. We're trying too, but for our 2nd baby. All though still as excited. I'm hoping to be a bit more relaxed this time round & be able to enjoy the little things.

Frankenstein12 hope you feel better soon! Also I heard some real birth horror stories but in actual fact, it wasn't as bad as I expected/feared. And I had to have the hormone drip, to speed up my contractions, (supposed to be more painful but I have no experience otherwise.) All births are different and I've heard people say they even ENJOYED it! :lol:

Good luck! So exciting!

Urgh I deffo think it's a stomach flu. Awful :-(
Glad I'm off until the 9th!
Going off my tracker the 9th is when I ovulate,
I did an ovulation test yesterday and got a very faint line
Do you recommend dtd up until I ovulate?

I think every other day is recommended, during your fertile window. I wouldn't be DDT before your fertile window though or perhaps even too early on, as there's the sperm count to think of, too.

Lots of people getting sick lately, hope it passes quickly. I read illnesses especially those which cause a fever can delay ovulation, and it also happened to me in the summer after I had flu! I had a 34 day cycle instead of 28.

Also my periods a day late so far this cycle and I was poorly before Christmas too.

Our bodies are really strange wonderful things lol so many factors.
I'm trying to be pretty chilled about it all :) but I am excited haha
I enter my fertile window in 2 days apparently, going off this app, but it could all be wrong who knows lol

Is it sad I'm googling pregnancy announcements involving a dog haha
I'm getting carried away lol

Last edited:
Hahaha! I've been looking at announcement ideas too! :lol: we didn't do anything other than 'we're pregnant' last time, so this time I want something fun. My dog would not want to be involved though, he'd probably be too angry with me & OH for wanting to bring another little monkey into the house. :lol:

Hah I have a cocker spaniel and a pug,
I saw some pictures with boards around their necks like 'does this mean I have to share my toys?' Haha
Adorable!
I'm thinking how to tell the in laws eventually, his mum is so excited!
My OH comes from a huge family, 5 of them and she's already got two grandchildren so she can't wait for more haha
X

That sounds adorable! I'm looking for an idea which incorporates my daughter. We're doing that time lapse video where you take a picture everyday so I may use that somehow.. :)

I know my parents will thrilled, but OHs parents have 3 girls & a boy already and are snowed under during school holidays :lol: I'm sure they'll be over the moon though! :) xxx

I can imagine my in laws having a house full of gran babies lol
She's obsessed with kids hah

God I feel so rough today!
Day 3 of stomach flu :-(
Rubbish!
I did another ovulation test last night it was a fainter line than the previous day?
God knows, I did it at the same time.
I'm not stressing.
X

I don't really get OPKs I couldn't work it out when I tried. I just got a faint line and then nothing. You've perhaps just ovulated? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back