finally saw my midwife!!!

Yvonne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone who is about the same period as me tell me whether they are the same,

The midwife came today, it was the same midwife who delivered amy so that was nice- anyway, i am 12 weeks and i have only just been booked in, it was 8 weeks with Amy. When she arrived she filled in my scan form to send off and said that the dating scan is not done at 12 weeks now and it is usually done at 14-16 weeks!! bur the 20 week scan is only done 4 weeks after!???

why has it all changed? it more waiting now!!! :D
she also said i am a high risk case aswell cos of the problems i had with Amy- so i have to go and see a consultant every few months aswell as a midwife. i'm in for lots of poking!!! :lol: :lol:

Anyway thats me, its nice to get the ball rolling finally but it was a dissapointment :(

I had my appointment last week and she has booked me in for my 12 week scan on 21st July.

So as far as i know it should be still done at 12 weeks.

xx

i dont know why its changed.

At least it will be a clearer picture this time.

thanks for your reply. :D

I dont know why i am moaning about waiting cos i have another 28 weeks to wait, its not gonna go anywhere!!!

Hi

I had my first mini scan at my first antenatal app at 8 weeks, my nuchal scan at 12 weeks and my dating scan at 16 weeks (but they checked the babies spine as I have spina bifida occuta) then I have my anomaly scan coming up at 20 weeks. I get confused sometimes over the scans and appointments! My GP says one thing then I get a letter from the hospital saying another!

For health reasons I am also seeing an obstetrician throughout my pregnancy and I am also having a meeting with an anesthetist about having an epidural. The hospital staff joke around and say I may aswell live there while I am pregnant lol

:)

i hope eveything goes ok lou

Keep us posted

Congratulations Amys Mum

Think it depends what part of the country you live in. I had my Midwifes booking in appointment at 9 weeks and a scan cos i was bleeding at the same time so therefore my 12 week one was cancelled cos they were very happy with what they saw. Next Scan is next week 20/21 weeks, then from what I can gather that is is for the scans unless there is an underlying problem.

I get to see the Consultant every 6 weeks because I am a very high risk pregancy (firstly being 40 and previous DVT & miscarriage) But to be honest I feel very much like Ive been left to get on with it. Ive not had much contact with my midwife apart from her coming to my house to check the heart beat (everything was fine) Ive not seen my Doctor since Week 5..and Im unaware when they want to see me again??

All the Best
Ragna xxxxxxxxx

Hi there Amys mummy.

Im sarah and was getting slightly worried and annoyed, i have been toild EXACTLY same as you, dont do 12week scan and my first official one will be like yours, around 16-18 weeks! how annoying is this!

I said to midwife "what a about 12week scan" and she just said they dont do them anymore, when obviously they do cos read peoples experiences on here. :x Anyhow following that disappointment and after reading Sami's great news about Dopplers i got one so can hear babys heart beat whenever which is very reassuring!

With all the stress and problems that we go through for first 12weeks youd have thoguht they would be runbning around you giving you checks and appointments left right and centre!

now i have just had to learn to take it in stride! thank god for this web site thats all i can say! id be a nervous wreck now otherwise! x

take care
Sarah x

I agree Sarah!

Without this site I would be a complete nervous wreck!

Without it I wouldn't have been reassured about my little twinges and my trapped wind :oops: and my stinking headache that I had yesterday.

Everyone on here is just so helpful and friendly and understanding.

Thank god my DH found the site. I am a much more relaced person as a result and despite my bad head yesterday, I am genuinely enjoying the experience.

:D

Hi Guys

The hospitals all have their local policies. I was originally booked into one hospital where they did an initial scan at 12 weeks, then a second scan at 20-22 weeks.

However I then moved house and had to change hospitals, where their policy was just to do one scan at 18-20 weeks. Well I'd already missed that date and ended up having mine with them at 22.5 weeks!! But it all worked out. I was fortunate however to get the first scan at 12 weeks.

I do think it's unfair that some people have to pay for a scan at 12 weeks and others just get them - once again it's a postcode lottery.

LB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back