When did you see Midwife?

Jazz

Reaction score
Been to new doctor today she confirmed im 6 weeks and a few days she said the midwife will want to meet me at 12 weeks to do scan etc. She wasn't much help with foods I cant eat etc and said talk to midwife, seams a long time to wait or is this normal?

I didn't have my first appointment until I was 12 weeks. I think it varies though depending on where you live. My midwife told me that they always want to see you before your scan (my appt was 3 days before!). The internet is pretty good for what you can and can't eat and when you do eventually see your mw she will give you a book. I bought a book to help me through the first few weeks.

Hope this helps,

xx

depends which midwife your on about for me I have loads lol.... Local one who I saw first about 6 weeks pregnant.. Now i'm diabetic and see hospital ones too every two weeks x

I didn't see a doctor first, there is a big sign on the waiting room wall saying not to book to see a doctor of your pregnant, just to book in with the midwife, which I did at around 8 weeks, she did booking, form filling and booked my 12 week scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you every one, I had to book in with doctor as I have problem with heart missing a beat (looks like sickness causing it) I may call surgry tomorrow and get a direct line and talk to midwife. Thank you for link about food. Is it meant to be so confusing lol

Hi my experience has been I had a booking in appoint with a nurse at gps. Then midwife then it will be scan :)

i went to the doctors and registered with midwife and she did a home visit at about 10 weeks before my scan at 12 weeks x

i still havnt had a midwife appointment or naything and im 9 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back