Finally been to see physio!!

Yvonne

Reaction score
After waiting to see the physio i finally got to go to my appointment this morning, and i am so glad i did.

When i got there she examined my posture and noticed that my right side of the hip was lower than my left (droopy bum cheek she actually said!!)
Then when she felt my hips she found out why- my hip has far too much movement on the right side, she could actually move it up and down- Not good hense the reason for the pain i am in

She told me that women with SPD badly like me have ended up in a wheelchair towards the end as walking go far too painful or in the least serious cases you can get crutches, not practical when i have a 20 month old to look after!!
She has ordered me some gadgets to help me, Ashoe horn cos i struggle to put shoes on, a grabber (like the ones old people have to pick things up off the floor!!) and a tall stool for me to put in the kitchen so when i am cooking tea or washing up etc i can perch on this stool rather than stand- needless to say i feel like an OAP but if it helps then i will be grateful for anything.

She also sent me home with a support belt to put under my bump- what a sexy gadget it is too!!
Anyway that was it really, bit longer than i intended so i'm sorry!
:D :D :D :D

I've read that about SPD, about mothers ending up on crutches :(

I also remember reading in a magazine that a first time mother had it and during childbirth they put her up in stirrups which apparently you just shouldn't do to someone with SPD, the upshot was her pelvis split. Ouch!!

It's good that you're getting all the proper equipment, but it must be very hard having a little one to run around after :(

i'm not too bad with Amy at the mo cos Andy does most of it so i don't have to worry about running round after her.

The only thing i am struggling with is walking Amy to my mum's so i can go to work. i am considering finishing on maternity leave from about 30 weeks or so, a little earlier than planned but i didn't realise my hips would end up this bad.

It generally really rstricting, its not just the pain thats annoying it the fact that you can't do what you are used to doing every day!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back