• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Filming the big day

Redshoes

Reaction score

I just wondered if anyone had filmed their labour and LO's birth?
We are planning on having the camcorder to hand, to capture parts of the day, and lots of when LO arrives, just wondered if anyone had any experience of it, and so any advice, tips?
Thankyou in advance :hug:

We've had the camcorder at all 3 births but only used it for a bit while I was in labour and for straight after they were born. I wouldn't have let him film the actual birth and I don't think he would of wanted to anyway, lol. Its good to look back and see them getting weighed and things like that that you might not remember too well cos of the drugs. A bit embarrasing to see yourself though :oops:

I was like a mad woman during my labour so there's no chance Id have let him film it lol, watching it back would have been like that scene from the exorcist!

:rotfl:

Hi

This time i wanted me before a bit inbetween without having contractions :lol: and right after . I dont remember too much with Kiara so would be nice to see after
Katrina

we filmed.. and im so glad we did.. you dont ever remember it like it was.. it brings tears to my eyes watching it back.. we had it side view though not right there.. was amazing.. and definatly gonna film this one too..

Redshoes said:

I just wondered if anyone had filmed their labour and LO's birth?
We are planning on having the camcorder to hand, to capture parts of the day, and lots of when LO arrives, just wondered if anyone had any experience of it, and so any advice, tips?
Thankyou in advance :hug:

i wished i had :( but never did. to be honest hubby would have got in the midwives way i think. plus he wouldn't have been able to talk to me etch if he was filming the big moment.

Thanks for the replies everyone :hug:
My cousin is going to be my second birth partner so she will be filming so OH can stay with me through the final stage, planning on getting his entry into the world on film, I'm looking forward to watching it back, I won't be able to see that angle on the day :lol:
Best wishes to those wishing to capture their LO's big day in the future too :hug:

how wonderful! what a lovely thing for you to look back on and watch.
:hug:

just make sure you shave your muff! :rotfl:

i dont think id wanna be filmed looking a mess!

If only I could budge :lol:

Who's saying you'd look a mess trixipaws? I've probably got worse night-out pics heehee I don't really care what I'll look like, I'm a tramp in daily life anyways :lol:

i wish we had filmed it as i dont remember soom parts coz of the gas and air

i have to say - NO! i really wouldnt want this myself. I wouldnt like to see me on camera at the best of times, but really not when im in pain and half naked :oops:

but if ur ok with it and it would make u happy watching it back - go for it :)

What about filming a c section?
Has anyone done/thought about that?

I wouldnt personally film my big day, i have some great pictures of stephen when he was born and thats enuf for me, plus my last labour was so horrible iwant to forget abut it lol :D

My OH took our camcorder and I'm really pleased he did as it is nice to look back at now as I didn't remember that much afterwards. He didn't film my bits or anything as I'm not sure it would be a nice sight but he filmed me up until I was ready to push and then afterwards when Jake had just been born. It is lovely watching the tape and seeing Jake in his first moments after birth it makes me cry when I watch it although I didn't at the time(I was high on drugs still). I would recommend taking your camcorder and camera as it is also nice to have photos.

We took camcorder in ..Dh filmed when i was been monitored before been induced and after he was born and on my tummy, his first feed Etc...I am so glad he did. he looks so tiny now six weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back