Filming birth

Sephs

Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering about your opinions on filming during labour and birth.

Just a couple of questions, those of you who filmed it:

Code:
[b]What made you decide to film it?[/b]

[b]What parts did you film, did you also film 'down south'?[/b]

[b]Who have you shared the film with, or who would you?[/b]

[b]Would you recommend filming the birth to those sitting on the fence with regard to it?[/b]

And those of you who are against the idea, I'd be interested to know why you decided not to.

Thanks girls :)

Its something i would consider.With my last two labours i had pethidine and hardly remember any of it,so determined not to have it this time but when the pain gets bad i dont know if i will resist lol hence filming it would remind me of the bits i was too sleepy/drugged up to remember lol.Not sure i would want to see too much of what was going on down south though to be honest...would make me cry i think.

i'm glad i wasnt filmed giving birth. altho i have fond memories of it, i'm pretty sure i'd cringe watching myself in labour! and cringe even more letting anyone else watch it! :lol:

I'd like a film, for just our families personal use.

I wouldnt want 'down there' being filmed but I would like labour to be filmed, delievery but 'not down' there and the first few seconds of baby's life.

But I don't know, maybe I will change my mind when it comes to it.

xx

You know I really am having a yummy chinese take away tonight

Last edited:
I was planning to be filmed, maybe not 'down there' because I had a homebirth and wanted to remember it. We got so caught up in giving birth though that we forgot to film it and we didn't start the camera until about a minute or so after she was born. Luckily she was still on my chest in the pool when the filming started and watching it now I would have loved to have had it filmed so that I could watch it back.

I had a waterbirth and used G&A but I'd zoned out and was focusing sooooo much on breathing and getting through it that I can hardly remember it so I would love to be able to see if it was actually anything like I remember it being in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back