• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fidgety angry breastfeeder!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Don't know what is up with Kynon just now but hes making breastfeeding really hard work! He feeds every 2-3 hours day and night for about 30 mins which is draining enough for me but now he's started getting really fidgety and almost angry when he feeds. He yanks my nipple, goes mad if he lets go and screams at me if I take him off to wind him! His legs go mad too, it's just like he has wind but doesn't really have any. He seems angry and as if he's not getting milk quick enough! Any ideas? Is this normal?

I have one like that on y hands, sometimesI haveto take him off and distract him to calm him down beause he winds himself up so much.

Haveyou tried infacol to see if it makes a difference? Also do you wind half way through the feed?

I used infacol a few weeks back cos he was windy after feeding but it seemed to make him sicky. I try to wind him but he screams for the boob! He doesn't seem to get 'milk drunk' as much now either!

Does he latch on well? Have you eaten nothing strong that might affect your milk? Whenever I ate anything with onions or mustard in LO would go berserk when he was feeding. It doesn't bother him these days but I really had to watch my diet for the first 6 months or so x

They dont get 'milk drunk' after a while so dont worry about that.
G went through a couple of days like this - kicking and getting really frustrated at the boob, I was really worried we weren't going to be able to carry on bf, I tried different holds and kept persevering and he just stopped after a few days. No idea if it was anything to do with my diet or just one of those things but he's never done it since.

omg we might as well have the same baby we have identical feeders, I am so glad I am not alone!!!! mine does exactly the same thing he fights me really hard on some feeds, punching me, yanking off, kicking & fidgeting its a nightmare, not to mention bloody annoying and painful!! I just take him off and leave him for 5 mins (most of that time he is screaming so its hard) then I put him back on and he seems so relieved to be back on he drinks properly, failing that if he is still fighting then I hand him to hubby with a bottle of milk I expressed earlier to save my poor boobs from more trauma!!

Have you tried calming him down with a dummy then taking it out and outing him
Back on? X

Thanks for the tips! Glad he's not the only one bunny, we def seem to have similar bf problems!
Gave him a bottle of expressed last night while he was still sleepy from previous feed and he took it lovely then slept 4 hours! I think he could be a little constipated now as well as he went all day and 2 nights now without a dirty nappy which is a long time for him. Could all be linked to my diet I guess, I'll monitor what I eat today.

Lol its good to know your not alone when u have a crazy feeder isn't it!!! Hope its just something u ate, it would be good to know if u find out as I'll avoid it myself cos a tantruming feeder is not pleasant!!

I had a very upset baby yesterday,the only thing that I ate that was different was pate. So no dairy,no pate for me. I wonder whats next, I am steering clear of citrus fruit, beans etc anyway.

His top ups are so much easier to give! I am trying so hard to continue combination feeding but its getting increasingly harder, doh!

I'm a veggie so maybe all that veg upsets him! I've tried to stay away from onions and beans though. I don't have much dairy anyway, tend to have soya options. My sweet tooth has come back since giving birth though, I hated sweet stuff while pregnant, maybe he don't like it!

I think keeping a food diary is a good idea but its difficult lol. Sarah, wat sort of veg do you normally eat? I have heard that cabbage, beans(legumes in general) and cucumber might make them upset.

Doesnt leave you that much choice, does it?

Think I'll try the food diary. Funny cos my sister had similar problems with my niece and shes veggie too, never found out what it was despite cutting lots out! I've heard things that make you windy will have same effect on them so def beans, cabbage, spicy stuff etc!

Alice is a very angry feeder lately. She's fidgets, pulls her head back. I think it's cos she's got colic and is a little constipated tho.

I'm starting to think he just don't like my right boob :( ive noticed it mainly happens on this side

Can the flow be different? Anton prefers right boob to left one.

You could be right always takes longer to express right boob, how strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back