FFs ... Rash, advice again pls

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hi again. My posts always seem to be because something's wrong!! Lol
Right, so after our drama in the week, temp went fri evening. Throat seems okay. Think it has gone to the chest tho coz es coughing a hell of a lot and needing the inhaler more.
Yesterday I was getting him ready for bed. His entire torso (but not arms or legs) is covered, completely, in this pink blotchy rash. Now, they weren't new clothes, usual washing powder, had the food before, an recently. Not heat rash, was only just warm.
Today it's still there, but more if possible, and for up his neck and his hair etc.
I know the drill for the meningitis rash. Lol weve been downthat route about 8 times now.
But these rashes, am I meant to do anything? The rash itself doesn't seem to bother him, but he does seem more irritable again since t came?
X

Oh no, your poor LO is really in the wars you must all be exhausted.

Sorry I can't help :hugs:

I have a rash that appears intermittently, sometimes when I'm unwell, sometimes without cause. I've had this since I was a toddler.
I have a pic on my phone (I'm not sad, I have to document it for my allergy dr), this was caused by rainwater but I can get it when I'm unwell. Does your lo rash look like this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307897016.707914.jpg

Lol I dont know what nettle rash looks like?
When i strip him for the bath I'll get a pic... Not sure how to upload but will try!
And cosmic, that looks bloody sore! No it's not like that, it seems to be completely flat, just bright pink blotches spreading? X

It's not sore, just itchy, I'm allergic to many many things, you get use to it! xx

Be careful with a rash hun, don't want to scare you but I was told when I had urticaria that if it covers alot of the skin it can cause severe breathing problems as our skin breathes, so if it starts to spread please spk to a dr or NHS direct xx

It is, I've had it since I was a toddler, it worried my mother sick on a regular basis! x

It is, I've had it since I was a toddler, it worried my mother sick on a regular basis! x

I bet, your poor mum... I cried to my mum loads both times I had it lol (was preggo too) and I was 33 then hehe

How awful :(
One of my biggest triggers is rain touching my skin - not the best living in this country! x

5ec29ebc-fe98-6843.jpg

5ec29ebc-feaa-541b.jpg

5ec29ebc-febc-1f4f.jpg

Has this worked?!? X

Yeah hun. Has he been sweating? Is it not like a heat rash? x

Hun, I always say this about every rash lol but it does look like urticaria, which is an allergy rash, give it a google and look at some images and read some info see if it matches, but if it is that he probably should see a doctor coz it's scary that it's covering so much skin xxxxx

Try with some paediatric piriton syrup if you think it could be allergic.
I'd get that looked at too xx

Poor boy its looks awfull, it looks a bit like the rash Tegan had before we knew she was Lactose intolerant id defiantly get it checked x

Icame on here to post about this tonight!! OMG we have the same, only Devons doesn't look as bad on body, but his head has gone more red than body. He has it on tum, back, neck and all over head, none on arms or legs! Devon had fever for two days too like you, didn't you go to the docs about that tho? We didn't as I looked up the teathing symptoms on the nhs page and devon had them all, inc diarea and high temp, only 38.7 tho at highest so decided it was teathing, he had been screeming alot. We gave him bonjjela teathing gel friday eve and also once sat am, but not since then.

Then today he was so much clamer and he has a rash only noticed at lunchtime, took photos at 4pm (first two shots), and then again at 7pm (last photo) and the difference on his head is huge in 3 hours. We did

I might make an appointment for docs if worse tomorow am, it could be sweating from fever tho, but thought it might be the bonjela gel? Have you used this recently? JJ

Attachments

• 12th june 4pm back.JPG
    12th june 4pm back.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 12th june 4pm head.JPG
    12th june 4pm head.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 12th june 7pm head.JPG
    12th june 7pm head.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hiya, no not heat rash, hes actually quite cool! lol
I called nhs direct to see if I should do anything since its spreading, then called my out of hours doc and got him an appointment because of his medical history etc.
Just home, they said that its part of his virus from the throat/chest thing. Said most babies dont get it as much as C has it, but it is possible.
Also said if his temp comes back he has to be seen again straight away tho incase of things like measles.
So JJ's mum, Im thinking maybe your lo has the same thing, maybe was some type of viral thing? And no, we never use bonjela, he HATES the stuff lol
xx
And thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back