I've got a rash :-(

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

On thursday I noticed a heat type rash on my bump, not particularly itchy, but a bit red and raised. Didn't pay much attention as had heard you can get them on and off but friday it was a bit worse so I text my midwife. She said that it is quite common and can be secondary to stretching so to see if it settles, if not see my gp. Well it then seemed to spread to my boobs a bit and seems to be a bit more blotchy. This morning it's no better and although it doesn't seem worse it's not improving! Main place it itches is around what's left of my belly button!!.....

I am planning to see GP monday just to get it looked at and c if there's anything I can to help it settle. Has anyone had anything similar or any thoughts on what it is?......

I haven't done anything different or changed washing powder etc.....

I really hope it's not the start of that PUPPS thing you can get- a friend had that and it was awful for her :-s

Here's hoping it starts to settle soon!!

PS Baby seems to be fine, moving about and listened to his heartbeat yesterday and seemed normal- so hopefully this rash isn't having any affect on him!

I've never experienced this. I would assume it is with the change of hormones & stretching skin. But best to get checked. Hope it settles soon for you thou chick x

Kinda thought it may be hormones.......am lucky it's not making me itch like mad!

:wave: Hi hon

I havent experienced this but have read it is quite common. Until you see your doc maybe try some calamine lotion I always use that for heat rash/bites and find it really helps. Also try to wear loose clothing made of natural fibres.

Hope it eases soon x

Ps - what is your due date? I think judging by your ticker it might be the same as mine!

I've got a bit of itching round my belly button too, I recon its the begining of a bloody stretch mark for me though!

Hi hun, with my first pregnancy my normal washing powder, shampoo etc started to irritate so I switched to babies and it improved almost immediately think it was due to my skin being more sensitive cos went back to normal after so might be worth a try.

Hello..I got rash during pregnancy too, no idea why but my midwife told me skin can become very sensitive to anything during pregnancy.. I got allergy tablets and it disappeared within days... x

:wave: Hi hon

I havent experienced this but have read it is quite common. Until you see your doc maybe try some calamine lotion I always use that for heat rash/bites and find it really helps. Also try to wear loose clothing made of natural fibres.

Hope it eases soon x

Ps - what is your due date? I think judging by your ticker it might be the same as mine!

Thanks hun- due date is 23rd October xx

hi yeah just take alittle extra care of your skin moisturise and even get non bio washing powder etc just really keep it hydrated. my midwife always stresses if you are itchy mention something but usually if its all over :) hope it calms down i have eczema and it does my head in! :/ xxx

Unfortuantely the rash seems worse again today :-(

I've spoken to day unit and they have said to try the calamine on it (as u suggested excited!) and see how it goes. If still not settling or still worried to see GP or call them again. They reassured that since I feel well in myself and LO is moving it should be ok......good to know!!

Just wondering if it doesn't go whether it will affect my chances of a water birth? What do u think?

Thanks LucyAnn- I think I will switch to the washing powder I've been using for the baby's things and see if that helps xx

i dont think a rash would affect chances of waterbirth unless there was a bigger picture to this rash like a sympton of a bigger prob which as they say if bumpy is moving and you feel well im sure theres nothing major at all and hopefully is just a rash :) xxx

Thanks hun, I hope so! My feet and hands aren't itchy and rash isn't itching much so I'm trying to stay calm that it's not the obstectric choleostasis thing!.......Think I'm gonna go see GP tomorrow anyway coz I would feel more reassured if someone looked at it, especially if it's still getting worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back