fertility tests & af

superscj

Reaction score
hi all

whilst driving myself insane with ttc coming up to six months now (including tactics such as doing handstands against the wall after bd lol :lol: ) with no luck yet i was wondering what the next steps are..

how soon can you get tested by the doc to check everything is ok and what are the tests available?

also my af just doesn't seem to want to settle down. how long did it take for everyone else's to return to normal / is there anything i can do to help it along

thanks

sarah

im on my 6th month of trying myself with out any luck, i think its too soon to go the docs unless its a big problem with your AF ect it might be after 12-18months of ttc be they can look into it but dont quote me on that haha

yeah I agree, although very frustrating and actually somewhat worrying I am on my 7th month of trying. I am not worried enough to see doc as I feal i havn't really given myself a chance yet. MY AF is only just calming down now at 30 days so I don't even see myself prenant this side of Christmas if i'm honest.

Think they usually want you to be trying for at least 12 mths b4 thye will do anything.

a minimum of 12 months, and then depending on the GP and your own personal situation they may just tell you to keep trying for another 6 months or so.

If they did do tests then probably the first tests would be a sperm analysis for your partner, and probably a cd21 progesterone test to see if you are ovulating and then go from there.

Goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back