Fertele fertility tests from boots - anyone tried?

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
weve decided not to push our rather un-coperative doc for tests till after xmas now (been trying a year) but after doing a bit of research ive discovered boots sell fertility tests, has anyone tried these or know how well they work?

Thanks x

Hi Bird

Mmm...I havent but i have seen them on line and should imagine they give you some kind of peace of mind but if there is an issue the docs are the best but i know they like you to be ttc for 6 months. Have you been in to see the doc? If hes got in on record your ttc then if you havent caught in a few months at least he knows your not making it up etc!

Sarah

PS I thought your af was late??

Thanks, yeah I was due on yesterday but ive been late before and nothing so im not getting my hopes up, plus ive got major PMT lol

Not sure about the boots ones but we used one called FertilityScore from accessdiagnotics online to home test my husbands sperm. It tests the mobility and number of sperm, and I think it said it was 86% accurate. It was a bit of a giggle doing it. Hubby had to collect a sample :oops: :oops: which went into testtube, which sat in warm water for about an hour I think. You added dye to it and it went bright pink! You get a colour chart to measure the colour against to determine the results. It was a bit like a school science experiement. We only did it because we discovered his dad had had a low count, but I think hubby was delighted with the results. We never had a lab test to compare the results to, but obviously his sperm is fine!

I think it was about £20, and I thought worth it for peace of mind. However, if the result had not been good, I'm not sure what we would have done, although I guess we would have used it to push things along with the doctor.

Hope this helps
good luck
andrea

Dr Chris talked about these tests on this morning a few months ago...i think he thought they were ok but my brain is shrinking and can't hold much info..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back