Feeling

CharlieP

Reaction score
HI All

Not ure if I'm posting in the right bit - so forgive me if its wrong...

I've heard several people who have got a BFP say that they were surprised because they they really thought their AF was coming because of all the symptoms... so I was just wondering when you say that you thought AF was on its way was it really really like it? My friend came round and I said I thought my AF would be here tomorrow because of brown discharge and cramps etc and she said she ad both before her BFP and really thought she was getting her period... I kept saying "no really it must be my AF" and she said that she said the same thing...

I'm not expecting that I'm pregnant because I am convinced she's just round the corner but I was just interested really... are the symptoms pretty much identical?

Thanks

Depends on the pregnancy realy, sometimes you realy do feel like your coming on your AF and it dosnt show, or i had one pregnancy where i had an unusualy short & light AF,& when my dating scan was done it turned out i had a period while pregnant.

I always presumed it would feel like af was on its way but my experience was nothing like af on its way. I get all the pms you could imagine usually and when I fell pregnant I started getting extreme pms symptoms the day after implantation, over a week before af due (alot eariler than usual). Also had incredible cramps, I have endometriosis and these were worse than my usual I get before and during af. I knew straight away I was pregnant, but everyone is different. Some people will still have light bleeding when af should have been and not know they're pregnant.

xx

With the first I had AF-like symptoms, the sort of sore belly and aching back. but it was different to AF, sort of not so much cramps as an aching, like your joints are falling apart :lol: . I also had the dizziness and nausea to go with it.

This time around I've just had the backache and a few twinges in the belly.

Personally I have found pregnancy symptoms different to AF but a lot of the early symptoms are listed as the same as AF symptoms so it's hard to say for each person.

I had period symptoms around the time of first missed period - was convinced I was about to start for at least a week and wouldn't do a test for about five days cos I still felt premenstrual. I think they carried on for about another week or so, so then I was convinced there was something wrong! But no, touch wood all still fine. I don't know about discharge, but definitely the crampy/strainy feelings I had for well over two weeks, and it was exactly what I usually get in the way of pms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back