Doc think I'm further on...

Jayjay027

Reaction score
I had my docs appointment today and apparently my ticker is wrong.
She said the earliest I could be is 5+6weeks.
But I told her how my previous AF was over 2 weeks late and only very light. So she said that it could have been IB and that I was getting BFN on tests because it might have been a late shower.

How exciting! I might be 8+2 weeks.

Just thought I'd share :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yeah its kinda cool. She said the midwife will confirm when I see her - so I'm guessing I'll get a scan?

Wow! That's great! :) so do you have mw appt then? You should have asked her to book you in for a scan hun x x

If not then maybe you could get private scan to confirm. God, I wouldn't want to wait! How can they just drop a bombshell like that on you and then make you wait? Sorry to go on hun lol x x

I couldn't afford a private scan :( would love one though.

She just told me to book into the antenatal clinic in the morning and that my MW will confirm the correct date. So I'm none the wiser lol.
I'll maybe ask when I'm booking into the clinic tomorrow.
X

I should think they would give you a scan, it,s important to how far you really are so they no that all is well and of course know when to expect lo.

Oh that's ok then, at least you're going tomoro :) hopefully you'll get some answers. Sorry if I freaked you out, it's unbelievable! Just don't like people being fobbed off either, when you have a right to know.

Really hope doc was right hun, that would amazing! :yay: So you thought your last af was two weeks late and then didn't have anything since? So what was the date of your last af before that then? Where did she get 8+2 wks from? x x

The 8+2wks is because my October AF was due on the 15th Oct, but didn't come until 1st Nov and was extremely light and only last 2 days, so she said that could have been implantation bleeding. But its possible that I just had a late, abnormally light period lol.

I would think that they would scan me to be sure. Don't really like to be left waiting lol. X

Oo, its exciting to think that you might be brought forward!
I had my lmp on 8th sept, but when I did my test at the end of october, it said I was only a couple of weeks pregnant. I told my doctor and midwife this, but they just dated it from my lmp so that I would be seen quicker. I had my scan booked for what I was told was 12+4 weeks, but it turned out that I was actually 9+3 (I must've just missed a period - I was moving house at the time, so could've been stress). So, anyways, my point is, if it's anything like what I had, they'll probably date you further on, so you get a scan quicker, which will give you your correct dates (which will either be around 12 weeks or around 8 weeks). Tbh, either way is ok I found, because if you are confirmed at 12 weeks, you're a whole lot further on than you thought you could've been, and if you're confirmed at around 8 weeks, it means you'll get to see your baby again at 12 weeks!
Sorry for going on, it's late and I'm not really thinking coherently! Hope it makes sense tho lol xx

Jacy yes that makes perfect sense thank you!

I'm booking my appt with the antenatal clinic tomorrow so hopefully I won't have too long to wait to find out either way.
X

This happened to me with my first. At my 12 week scan found out I conceived a week before my last period. But I didn't get bfp til I was a week late for my next period! So was still getting bfn at 5 weeks preggo!

Oh wow, how exciting! I'm pretty sure they'll scan you to date your pregnancy as it's important to know. And even if you're not 8 weeks you should see a teeny tiny heartbeat! :yay:

Oohh I'm all excited lol.
Have to go to the antenatal clinic at my GP surgery on Monday at 3.15.
Should be fun :) xx

That would be amazing being moved forward by 2 weeks and possibly getting an earl scan :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back