Feeling stupid!..UPDATE..AF still not here! *BFN*

sally12

Reaction score
I feel so stupid! :oops:

I decided to try and think positive this month but I think it resulted in me convincing myself (& DH) that I am pregnant! Way too much symptom spotting going on!

I did two tests this morning. The first was a cheepie and because this came back BFN I used one of my "save for special occasions" first response tests, and that came back BFN too :(

My ticker shows that I am three days late but now I am hoping that perhaps I am having a longer cycle than usual? I wish I had pinpointed exactly when I Ovd this month. This waiting is driving me crazy!

Since I came off the pill my cycles have been:

so i guess they are quite regular????...I think I am now on day 33...and still waiting. I am sure that my stressing is delaying things! :wall:

I feel so frustrated and so stupid. Sorry for the rant ladies but already feeling better just for writing it down.

Have you guys all felt like this before too?

Sal x

Hi

I am new to forums so hope I am doing this right. I fell much the same as you. Been off the pill since September and my periods have been regular for the past couple of months. I am now 5 days late and did a test on Wednesday evening but it was a BFN. Do not know if I am just getting myself really worked up or not but feeling really tired and even had to come home early from a meal out last night because feeling so ill.

I suppose I will just leave it until the middle of next week and do another test if am still late.

I am sure we will get there in the end it will just take a bit of time and patience and some stress along the way. :)

well if you feel stupid we are all stupid on here :oops: because we all do the same thing at some point :hug:

you are quite regular - you just have a slightly longer cycle than normal. So possibly you did ovulate a few days late this month and will have another 35 day cycle. They're regular enough that i wouldn't worry.

Have you tried charting - it'll at least let you know when you've ov'd so you can work out your luteal phase each month

thanks for your replies

I was thinking of starting to chart a few months ago but I thought it might make me obssess (sp) too much. However, I couldnt get more obssessed than I already am so think I would like to give it a go....

it looks very complicated...is it?

Sal x

libs said:
well if you feel stupid we are all stupid on here :oops: because we all do the same thing at some point

Ditto what Libs said. :hug:

sally12 said:
thanks for your replies

I was thinking of starting to chart a few months ago but I thought it might make me obssess (sp) too much. However, I couldnt get more obssessed than I already am so think I would like to give it a go....

it looks very complicated...is it?

Sal x

Charting is not half as complicated as I thought it would be - come join us in chartstalkers and there are plenty of people to help. Fertility Friend is a great site to join as it tells you how to do everything!

I've been just the same recently my last few cycles have been anywhere from 26 days to 33 days and I'm still not sure when I've been ovulating. If I'm not pregnant in the next couple of months I'm going to try charting. (Although not entirely sure what it involves and it seems quite complicated :oops: )

Don't feel stupid, we've all done one more test because we didn't believe the result! Last month I tested every 2 days from CD20 to CD33 when AF showed up. I was convinced each one would be BFP.

Sally,

I used the ivillage.com fertility planner and it is brilliant!! You get two months free trial, which is long enough to figure out when exactly you are ovulating. I found it really good, its an interactive calendar where you mark in when your did the BD and the type of CM etc. (all of that pleasant stuff really :lol: ). You only visit once a day so you dont get obsessive about it.

Not sure if this is "charting" or not, as I dont know what that means, but I really did find this one brill!

Wishing you all the luck in the world, and dont feel stupid! Symptoms of pregnancy are so vague sometimes, that its ALWAYS possible to have at least one or two of them, pregnant or not! :hug:

charting is charting your basal temperature, as well as other fertility signs such as CM.

The point of it is that in the first part of your cycle your temperature fluctuates within a lower range, but immediately after ovulation your body produces progesterone, which causes your body temperature to rise significantly. From ovulation until your period, your temperature fluctuates in a higher range.

For an example, click on my fertilityfriend link below, the first single line chart is this month's which shows my temp rising sharply immediately after ovulation. You'll see on the signs lines below the chart that this rise immediately followed a few days of fertile CM (EW), a P(eak) on my ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor and a +OPK (yes, I was trying everything this month!).

The basic Fertility Friend is free, though many of us subscribe to the VIP version which has more features.

Sally - I am also feeling a bit stupid.
There was me joining in the testathon today, when it turns out I hadn't even ov'd yet!! :oops:

Charting is quite easy. I have let it worry me a lot this month, and i guess that might be partly why my ov is so late.. and I did think about stopping.

But, once you start to see signs that you are working properly, you do worry less - I think I am starting to get to that point now! (if my temp stays up and Af stays away for 12 days or so! Then I will relax!!)

:hug: :hug:

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I will 'study' charting tonight! :D

Feeling better this evening and much less emotional now!!! Thank goodness for Tea and Chocolate!

Thanks again for all the support, I feel well and truely :hug: ed

Sal x

often the reading up on charting makes it sound a lot harder than it is - basically you just take your temp every morning as soon as you wake up - input it into fertility friend, and it sort of does the rest for you really! :D

Do you just take your normal temperature (under your tongue) with a normal thermometer? Sorry for sounding dumb :oops:

Yes, it's just under your tongue.
It's best to use a digital thermometer which goes to 2 decimal places, you can get them in boots (fertility thermometer) or on the internet.

Hi girls, i think we are all in the same position at some point or other...i am still waiting on AF and am sure i am getting pains! Saying that though was convinced i had OV pains the other week and opk was neg. My cycles are totally messed up. Been of the pill 2 months now and so far have only had what i assume was a withdrawl bleed. How long did it take you guys to get back to normal. So frustratingas cant track anything!

Sorry to sound dumb but whats a 'ticker' that you refer too?

Hi Babyblues

Well I thought I had been quite lucky in that my cycles have been quite regular since I came off the pill (as per my post at the beg of this thread) BUT...I am still waiting for AF this month so maybe not so lucky afterall!

From what I understand, it can take 6 months for cycles to become regular after you come off the pill :wall:

A 'ticker' is the icon which can appear at the end of each post which shows where in a person's cycle they are...or how far into the pregnancy they are....make sense??? :D

Sal x

I've been off the pill for over a year now, and my cycles still aren't regular - they range from 21 to 39 days, and anything inbetween!!

That's why I am charting now - I want to know that I AM ovulating, even if I can't predict when it's going to happen in advance!

It's useful this month as now I would just be waiting on AF, but from my charting I know I only ov'd on Thursday so AF should stay away for a bit yet!

Still no sign of AF and I cant wait anymore...I will be testing again in the morning! Probably setting myself up for another fall but as it is the weekend my DH will be there to pick me back up again! :)

Will let you know what happens in the morning...wish me baby dust :pray:

Sal x

Just an update...Im 35 days in now and still no AF and still BFN (x 2) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94