feeling sorry for myself :(

mum2A&L

Reaction score
im currently laying flat on the sofa and have managed to balance the laptop on a table next to me - i need a forum fix (and i wanted to ask you lot a quick question). my hip has been killing me the last few days again :( I went to my GP today and he wasn't much help. He has prescribed me some gel (i assume muscle sprain type stuff :think: ), told me to ask the chemist if i can take neurofen (sp), and signed me off till the end of the week so i can rest my side. He doesn't want me making it worse what with everything being more flexible etc...

now im worried work are going to be funny. Becuase doc hasn't put pregnancy related on the sicknote i don't know if they are going to be off with me. At the end of the day it was the pregancy that caused me to faint and hit my hip and started these problems. I recon becase of the pg its made everything looser and is most prob causing me more problems. If they do decide to be funny i will just go back to my GP and get him to write a letter to that effect. still just over 5 weeks at work left, i can't wait, im really suffering sitting at that desk all day, its leaving me feeling sore at the end of the day. Im going to miss my actual job though, maybe not some of the people quite so much though :lol:

Im getting fed up with this hip though!! i can't blooming do anything!! to top it off the last three nights ive woke myself up in the middle of the night itching. Its really starting to concern me. I had bloods taken on thursday so i keep telling myself its because im worried about the results, so my mind is dwelling on them and its making me scratch my feet without thinking about it - does that make sense? with that and the fact i can't get comfy becuase of this stupid side im not sleeping great :(

anyway, back to the point in posting, has anyone taken neurofen (sp) when pg?

on a more positive note, my belly dances! it sways from side to side :rotfl: i really don't remember alice being this active :rotfl:

(you wouldn't believe how long its taken to write this one handed!! sorry for the typos and spelling errors).

hi hun i was told yesterday morning by a doctor at the maternity hospital that you can take it but they don't recommend it

ah hun I hope you feel better soon.
With regard to the itching I know how u feel, I keep feeling itchy and am paranoid after last time ( which makes me then think I might be imagining it) Gonna ask doc to do bloods tomorrow. Hope your results come back ok xx

aww hugs for u...as far as i'm aware they only like u to take paracetomal when pregnant other than in desperate circumstances but i would check with ur midwife,im very suprised the doc didnt know this anyway?!

neurofen is a big no no hun dont bother taking it.crosses the plactenta...

I know you can safely take cocodomol which i was put on when had my abcess, not sure if you can get this over pharmacy but they do a 8mg/500mg one which i would start with first. if you cant your doctor can prescribe it for you.

at your stage of pregnancy i would stick to paracetamol to be honest hun hope your feeling better soon :hug:

hey due date buddy!
sorry i cant be of any help but i hope your work were okay and you soon feel better and get some relief. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the replies ladies. my doc was going to give me something beginning with a B, but said it was in neurofen and to ask the chemist :think: he read through his little book and it didn't say it wasn't suitable for pg women, but it didn't say it was suitable (well thats what he said).

Ive got some co-codamol and co-drydamol (or something like that), from when i had gall bladder problems. I could always take one of them, but they leave me feeling drunk, and my head is bad enough as it is..... but if they help me sleep i might have to :think: i might pop back into my GP and see if the dosage is ok, as it was the strongest the A&E dept where allowed to give, and i got them when i wasn't pg :think:

nazmomi - are you being given routine tests for your liver this time around? My consultant said i would be (i asked for them), but im not due to see him again for 2 weeks, and that would be a 3 week gap. It was around this time last time that i started to get bad. I ended up under hospital care at 30 ish weeks. Ive been wondering if my liver functions are normal all the way through will they let me go naturally :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back