Feeling so unwell

Bella2

Reaction score
hey girls, just writing for a rant really, for the past week I just seemed to have turned into a complete hypercondriac with every pregnancy symptom under the sun! Boobs are so sore and uncomfortable and been feeling horribly sick/dizzy, can only describe it as feeling like motion sickness or travel sickness. If I don't have that I have awful heartburn or I'm so tired I just want to go home and curl up. Has come as a surprise really as with my last pregnancy I had hardly any symptoms, just the sore boobs. I feel so ungrateful for moaning as I know it's all for a good cause and I'm over the moon to be pregnant but am looking forward to tri 2 (fingers crossed I make it) so I can start to enjoy the pregnancy. Have a couple of trips planned to London in the next few weeks but already I'm worried about going in case I feel ill. Anyone else feeling poop? x x x

sounds about right for someone who is 6 weeks lol and can go on till 14 weeks hun sorry x i still feel sick now but i can eat a bit more x

Hi Bella! I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I am seven and a half weeks and for the past week and a half I have been feeling pretty bad too. I feel so sick all of the time and everything I think to eat makes me want to puke! Been living on crisps and mashed potato! I couldn't even stomach water! It changes on a daily basis so something that I didn't want yesterday I may want today! I suffer from ibs as well so my guts have been groaning a bit too! I am also tired but I am lucky enough to only work part time so I sleep most of the time when I am not working! They say pregnancy is not an illness - well it sure feels like it just now! I too am very happy to be expecting, been trying for about 2 years, so I'm not complaining, just hoping it passes soon and I can enjoy being pregnant. I am going to try and get some sea bands for my wrists, and pray that they help. Have you or anyone else tried them? Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy your trips!

thanks girls, hope it doesn't continue much longer for you Abby, 14 weeks is a loooong time! bless ya cupcake really sounds like you've been through the mill with the sickness. Must be far worse if you have IBS too. I feel bad for poor OH as I feel like I'm always complaining!! As for food I too find it changes all the time, last night I had chicken for dinner then within half an hour I went back in the kitchen to wash up and the smell made me want to puke! It's funny I was only thinking about getting some of those sickness bands today, anythings worth a try! I will let you know if I get some and how I get on with them x x

Yeah let me know if they help, I'm really praying they do as I know we can't take any medication! Its my last hope! I was going to go out to the chemist today to see if I could get some but couldn't face driving feeling like this! xxx

I'm having the same, just a constant pit-of-the-stomach sickness feeling. I thankfully haven't thrown up yet but it's been close once or twice. My appetite for almost everything has just disappeared, so lunch and dinner is a bit of a trial and error time during which I root around in fridge, freezer and cupboards for something, anything, that I feel I would not mind eating. It varies from day to day as well. Yesterday if was steak and roast potatoes with green salad but today I seem to have gone off both beef and potatoes but realised that I quite liked the idea of pasta with tomato and basil sause (I never usually have pasta!)

Mornings are particularly hard as I feel sick both before and after eating breakfast and before lunch, so I usually need to lie down and have a nap after eating, or I just won't have any energy for work (I'm trying to finish off thesis corrections at the moment). So I can't really get started on anything until after liunch (!) :(.

Keep trying to tell yourself that it probably means that your pregnancy is going well and that it will pass eventually. I can really sympathise though, it just wears you down so much...

Last edited:
It seems we are all feeling the same! I have a phobia of being sick so will do anything to stop it, deep breathing and fresh air help me but it is so hard to eat anything when you feel like this. I am on a strict gluten free diet for my ibs and all I seem to want is the foods I can't have! Breakfast is the hardest, I just can't find anything to eat but know I shouldn't go to work on an empty stomach, I can hardly have my shower as I just want to lie down and my legs get shaky from the sickness! I really hope it passes soon!

It seems we are all feeling the same! I have a phobia of being sick so will do anything to stop it, deep breathing and fresh air help me but it is so hard to eat anything when you feel like this. I am on a strict gluten free diet for my ibs and all I seem to want is the foods I can't have! Breakfast is the hardest, I just can't find anything to eat but know I shouldn't go to work on an empty stomach, I can hardly have my shower as I just want to lie down and my legs get shaky from the sickness! I really hope it passes soon!

Have you had a good root through the Gluten free section in your local Tesco? It's really expanded over the last years. They usually have a great range of Gluten free breakfast stuff there, cornflakes, rice puffs, GF oats, cereal bars. Maybe you'll find a good substitute for what you're wanting there :). Morisons has a smaller selection of different stuff as well (that's where we got our first GF pizza base!)

PS - my hubby has to eat gluten free too so we've been rooting around shops for GF stuff for years.

Have you had a good root through the Gluten free section in your local Tesco? It's really expanded over the last years. They usually have a great range of Gluten free breakfast stuff there, cornflakes, rice puffs, GF oats, cereal bars. Maybe you'll find a good substitute for what you're wanting there :). Morisons has a smaller selection of different stuff as well (that's where we got our first GF pizza base!)

PS - my hubby has to eat gluten free too so we've been rooting around shops for GF stuff for years.

Hi! Yes, I get most of my gluten free food from Tesco, they have a great range, Sainsburys are really good too though I don't have a store near me. The problem is all my gluten free food is turning my stomach at the mo' and I long for white bread, normal pizza and lasange! Usually love my Genius bread but can't even look at it right now! I have 3 lots of different gluten free cereals but I don't drink milk and soya milk is yucky to me now! I will find something to eat, even if it is unhealthy! :lol:

Poor you! Must be terrible to feel like eating something that you can't have :(. Hope it changes soon. My tastes seem to be going in random directions every day. I just had to drive to the local Morissons to buy a cream scone (!) I haven't had cream scones for more than a year! Only bought two though, for all I know I probably won't be able to stand the sight of them tomorrow.

Ooh hope you enjoy your scone! I just had a tin of beans and sausages! Only thing I could think of eating, had to force it down but hoping it sits well as I'll be off to bed soon. I thought I wanted Creme Eggs the other day so my OH went out and bought a box but really can't eat chocolate any more! Goodness knows what I'll want tomorrow!

Hope you all feel better soon! Mine got better at week 9, started 3+5 and was 24/7 awful......

Hiya Bella2 :wave:

I just the same at the moment I just feel terrible all the time :(, just getting to work is a struggle. Im self employed so can't go on the sick as i dont get much sick pay.
I have not been sick but I feel sick from the moment i get up until I go to bed. :sick:

Last week my hubby took me to London for my birthday i so scared i was going to feel so ill i wasn't going to enjoy it. The first day I was right lasted a few hours then had to go back to the apartment. So the next day I didn't want to let it beat me so I went to Boots and bought their Travel sickness Bands and they have worked really well for me :) . I don't feel 100% but takes the edge of the sick feeling I still feel a little tired :yawn: but I have managed to work 4 full days this week.

Give them ago they are worth a try they cost £8.16. They state on the box Travel sickness and morning sickness! :yay:

Totally know how ur feeling, I've also got a vomiting phobia so I've been trying everything to not be sick, mainly not eating which I know isn't helping. I've got the sea bands and they take the edge off, you can also press the button on them 20 times for a boost when you feel bad, it's a distraction if nothing else! Mints also seem to help a little and fresh air, just hope it stops soon.........

Thanks for all your replies girls nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way (not that I wish you all to feel sick if you know what I mean). I almost think if I was actually sick I might feel some relief but I'm the same, really really hate being sick. Work up at 3am this morning feeling dreadful, OH was on a nightshift so I rang him to say I felt unwell, he popped to the garage on his way home and brought me some dry biscuits and crackers which did help. That's great to hear the sickness bands work Vicky, definately going to the Chemist at lunchtime to get some. Glad to hear it didn't spoil your weekend in London too much. Well ladies I hope very much that we all feel better soon, and lets hope it's a good sign that we have healthy little babies growing :) x x x

Thanks for all your replies girls nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way (not that I wish you all to feel sick if you know what I mean). I almost think if I was actually sick I might feel some relief but I'm the same, really really hate being sick. Work up at 3am this morning feeling dreadful, OH was on a nightshift so I rang him to say I felt unwell, he popped to the garage on his way home and brought me some dry biscuits and crackers which did help. That's great to hear the sickness bands work Vicky, definately going to the Chemist at lunchtime to get some. Glad to hear it didn't spoil your weekend in London too much. Well ladies I hope very much that we all feel better soon, and lets hope it's a good sign that we have healthy little babies growing :) x x x

I know I find it very strange that I feel so awful but I know its good. When I had my m/c i had no sickness i didn't feel tired at all so this time I know its all good so fx for healthly little babies :yay::yay: xx

Last edited:
Just reading this post and feeling sick at the moment, I only started feeling sick this week :( I haven't been sick so far but the feeling is really horrible.
My problem is while I feel sick I also feel hungry and the sick feeling gets worse if I don't eat for a few hours! At this rate I will be huge by the end of Tri 1!

Glad to hear I'm not alone feeling sick, lets all hope it doesn't last too long :)

Nat26, mine started at exactly 6 weeks too! I am now almost 8 weeks so hoping it calms down soon! I got my sea bands today yay! 8.16 from Boots as someone said before (sorry, can't remember who!) I ripped the box open as soon as I was out of the shop. Had to lie to the lady and say I was going on a ferry! As I know her and didn't want to let the cat out of the bag... All I've managed to eat today is 2 bags of tomato sauce crisps and 2 gluten free Bourbon biscuits! I miss normal food! I hope we are right and it is a good sign of healthy babies all round! x

Vicky - lets hope it's a good sign then that neither of us felt sick before when we MC'd :)

Nat - I feel exactly the same, eating seems to take the sickness feeling off but I feel I'm snacking all the time - only good thing is it's mostly savoury food I crave but still worried about getting massive!!

Well girls I got the bands yesterday, rushed back to work and put them straight on, and would you believe I have been feeling a little better! Wore them right up until I went to bed, woke up this morning at 2am feeling queasy but had some dry crackers and managed to fall back to sleep. Put them back on after my shower this morn. Would definately recommend them - okay they make you look like a tennis player from the 1980s but it's well worth it :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back