feeling guilty about feeling down

Status
Not open for further replies.

heather&bump

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this so bear with me. Just wondering if there was anybody out there who suffers from depression and is pregnant. I have suffered from depression for about three years and when i found out i was pregnant for the second time i expected to start feeling alot more positive about life but unfortunately that isnt the case. I had to come off alot of my meds for the first trimester and now that i am 20wks my doctor wants to increase my meds again. i dont feel very happy about this as i dont want to be giving my baby anything it shouldnt be getting but what can i do? If there is anybody out there who is in a similar situation please let me know how you are coping, or even if you arent, i'd love to chat to someone and know that i am not alone in this lonely situation

I have never suffered from depression, but I'm sure you're not alone. If you ever want to talk there are women out there I'm sure in your boat. Best of luck. :wink:

Ask your doctor if there are any herbal remedies you can try. I've heard St Johns Wort is good but not sure if you can take it while pregnant.

hi i suffer from depression and stoped taking them when i found out and although i still feel crap i have chosen not to go back coz its not good for the baby do u think u can manage without them or is it very bad???

Just letting everyone know that I've now moved this thread into the 'Second Trimester' forum - there are more pregnant ladies around the same stage in there, which should help with gaining helpful replies and advice for you.

Best wishes,
Laura B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member