Feeling jealous :(

Phoenix85

Reaction score
When I had my first two pregnancies I was young, I didn't know anyone who was pregnant at the same time as me, when I joined postnatal groups after the birth all the other mums were at least 10+ yrs older than me and it was "clicky" and I never really gelled with anyone.

Well this time I was over the moon after finding out my friend and neighbour is pregnant due the same month as me (July).
Only now her sister is also pregnant, due September, and my friend has added her sister to the 'due July' FB group we're in.

I cant help but worry that I'll automatically get left out now & she'll be spending more time doing things with her sister instead.
Feel like a b*tch for feeling like this, but I was really looking forward to having a bump buddy & someone to have baby play dates with etc and now I just think it probably won't happen much as she has her sister for that stuff instead. *grumble*

:oops::(

Perhaps you could involve her sister too and then there would be 3 of you?? Rather than think you will automatically be left out perhaps invite your friend to something and then ask whether her sister might like to join you for something??

Thanks.

I've been suggesting things to my friend (like indoor soft play with our older kids) but she's had really bad nausea so not really been going out much. I was hoping now that we're in tri2 it'd improve, but her sister lives about 20miles away so I worry that my friend will make the trip over to where her sister lives now rather than her coming over here, but I'll try.

I hope it'll all work out and that I'm just getting worked up over nothing.

I can understand mthis but I agree maybe try and invite her sister to do things with you so you can be a group of 3. If there sisters they probably will be close but you live next door so you will also be close. I have no one who is pregnant. There is a girl I work with but her baby due in march and we are not friends really so I'm on my own. X

Also your friend might want a break from her sister every now and then!!

Thanks. Well we're still chatting loads and I suggested meeting up and that she could invite her sister along too but still no firm 'yes' lol.

I'm probably worrying about nothing as her sister lives a good drive away and we're literally a few minutes from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back