Feeling down :-(

littlebump

Reaction score
Well I'm officially a member of the SPD gang. The only good news is it's come late on - it's only got really painful the last 3 weeks or so, but ain't going to get any better until baby's born.

Saw a Physiotherapist today - she gave me a couple of exercises to do and a support belt which is a bit uncomfortable to wear but if it helps...

Saw my GP for an antenatal checkup as my MW is on her honeymoon. Baby is now only 3/5 engaged (was fully engaged 2 weeks ago). Not good news as he/she is now more out than in :( .

4 weeks ago my MW told me she was certain the baby was going to be early and that I needed to cut back to ensure it didn't come TOO early. 2 weeks ago I was optimistic I'd make it to at least 37 weeks but was ready for a nice early birth. Now I feel like I may well go overdue and I'm in so much pain and discomfort. People keep saying take it easy which drives me mad - how can anybody with a toddler take it easy?

I phoned the hospital to see if they could do a stretch & sweep as I'm now 38 weeks and they said they can't before my due date without the permission of an Obs consultant.

Boo hoo - please cheer me up somebody.

LBxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh honey.. might still come early you never know.... would not dare to tell you to take it easy! :shock:

Have you worked your way through the list of things to do to make it happen.... had a hot curry, ate a pineapple?? won't suggest the long walk in your condition!!

Is not long to wait really, I know it must seem like an eternity :hug:

Hi

Hun you never know Lo could still arrive before your due date :hug:
Katrina

Thanks ladies

Feeling a little better today. Grandparents looked after Maddie last night and me and DH went out for some food and watched a film. I could tell baby had dropped right down again.

My friend/Doula is going to do some reflexology on me on Sunday evening to see if that can get things moving along so fingers crossed...!!!

LBxx

Awww hun sorry they wont do anything for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Here is a joke to cheer you up....

'Is it wrong to have a willy?' a little boy asked his Mum.
'No!' his Mum rplies. 'Why?'
'Well Dad is upstairs in the bathroom trying to pull his off.'

Very BIG hugs littlebump :hug:
I really hope that you get the chance to rest up lots before LO arrives, and very best wishes with the reflexology :cheer: My friend has a 3 and 7yr old and is 37wks so I know you can't just rest up, hope you get to slow down a bit though, and sit down at all available opportunities too :hug:

Sorry to hear you've got SPD LB. :( I hope the exercises and support belt will help ease things for you over the next few days.

I couldn't get on with the support belt at all but I found the exercises very useful when I was suffering at my worst. *Fingers crossed* it's really eased off for me now. (Don't want to tempt fate by saying that though :( )

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back