Feeling different before contractions start

spacehopper

Reaction score
Did any of you mummy's feel and different just before you started labour?

Reason i ask as a few of my friends (who are mums) said they felt odd the days/days before labour.

xx

I must admit i didnt feel any different before i went into labour.
My waters broke first and it was just a matter of waiting around for the contractions to start which they did two hours later :D

Nope, no different. I'd got up for the loo twice as usual, then my contractions just started. No warnings, just 4mins apart.

I felt a bit 'off' and achy, kind of like I would before a period. That said, I only noticed feeling that way just after I'd found a bit of plug, so it could have been in my head...

Nope not really any different either, the only thing different was that i could not sleep at all the night before - just seemed my head was full of thoughts!

With Kieran the only thing I noticed was that the couple of nights before I went into labour I couldn't sleep at all. I'd be so tired but just couldn't sleep :? Other than that though I felt no different.

With Nathan I felt no different at all and my waters just broke.

nope, no change for me. Felt as normal as i usually do :)

yep i did. i gave birth on the sunday afternoon, which incidentally was my due date, but on the friday morning i woke up and i just *knew* it wouldnt be long. its quite impressive, that womens' intuition! x

My oldest was induced as I had pre-eclampsia so that doesn't count. But with my younger 2, I felt a bit spaced out and in my own little world in the few hours before I went into labour. I was calm but didn't really want to interact or do much.

I def think I could tell when it was imminent, esp with my 3rd. With her, I was having little achy feelings too, which just felt productive, although not as hardcore as contractions. My labour started properly when my waters broke after a massive urge to go to the loo and by the time the midwife arrived 40 min later I was already 5-6cm.

By the way, my 2 spontaneous labours were at 40+5 so I guess you could argue that anyone would feel a little weird when they're overdue anyway!

I dont think i had any emotional or behavioral changes or feelings, all that changed with me was my fingers swelled up 5 days before so i had to take my rings off and the bottom of my back was sore and puffy, i also had a sore coccyx (bottom bone!) for a few days then i went into spontaneous early labour! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back