Feeling cheated.....

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
As you all know i moved into the mil on sat and its a squeeze to say the least!but moving couldnt be helped as we got kicked out of our old home as the pub we worked in was taken over and they didnt want us to continue working there.
I had just got my DH roubd to the idea of a home water birth and he was up for it and i had spoke to the midwife about it and she was great about it.
Now i have moved i cannot have my home borth cos theres no oroom to swing a cat here and i keep feeling tearful and moody, could i be coming on with pnd again? I so wanted to avaoid it, or am i just having a shit day?
I accept i have to have the baby in the hospital, but i cant help but wonder if i would have had a wonderful experience at 'home'.I was really looking forward to it all, now it all seems pretty bleak.

Oh dear, that is a shame. But if it isn't practicaly possible then I guess you have a bit of time to get your head round it.

Is there a pool at your hospital? you may still be able to have the water birth?

If you let your m/w now that you want a water birth, she should be able to pre book it for you cant she.. i know here its based on first come first serve though so im not sure how your area would work..

sorry your not gonna get the birth your after at home though hun, but just think once shes here you wont mind! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:
Was going to say them same about a water birth. If you have a birthing Unit close to you, maybe book into there instead of the hospital, The Unit here has only 2 delivery suites but....never been used at the same time and both rooms have a birth pool. It's not like a ward, and very welcoming. I was really surprised when I went to have a look around.

You could just go scare the hell out of the new owners of the pub, and pretend your in labour :rotfl:

I know your not in the ideal situation, but try make the most/best of what you can :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry you've had to change your plans re the home birth because of your move. :(

Have you had a tour of your local hospital maternity unit? You might find that helps you to feel a bit more positive, and prepared, of how the labour/birth will be. I second what the others have said about the birthing pool. You never know it might not be so bad if you can plan ahead a bit.

:hug:

Well i have to register at the docs tomoz and book a appointment for the midwife, I know it will be a long appointment as they have to transfer all my notes over and have another booking in appointment. So il discuss what i want from her then, and also il take your advice and see i9f i can have a tour around the local unit.
I hope i feel better about it, ium just so disapointed as it took me while to cxonvince myself and my DH to have this h/b

im sure if you express your wishes to your new midwife hun they will look into it for you.. they are all for doing what mothers want these days...

keep us posted on what happens yeah..

good luck at your appointment.. :hug:

Hi

Im so sorry hun :hug: Could you still do a water birth at the hospital??
Hope you still enjoy your labour experience
Katrinaxx

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment in not getting a homebirth, hope you can at least have a waterbirth at the birthing unit... :hug: :hug: :hug:
Lisa

I hope to have one still and when i see gp today i will bloody well say os what i want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back