Feeling a bit down

futuremum

Reaction score
I am so tired!!!!!!!!! thomas, again has not drunk much, 8 ounces since he got up. He did not drink much yesterday either, resulting in me getting up at 2.45 until 4.00 to get up at 6 am for work. i started the day tired. Thomas did not want his bottle in the morning so made him cereals with 4 ounces of milk which he took. the nursery told me he drank 4 ounces during the day refusing his food. tonight he has not drunk anything at all. He spends his time crying and sleeping but am sooo tired right now. I wish he could be better, he is always ill between him coughing and his constipation. i am feeling down today cause i know i won't sleep and still have to go to work. i wish also thomas gets better. he is crying now so am going up to him now

Ah poor thomas and poor you.

no chance you can pull a sickie tomorrow? surely you wont be much good to them anyone if you are asleep on your feet?

i hope your little chap fells better soon and hope you can get some sleep hun.

xxxxx

What have the doctors and HV said.

I read before that you were having problems with your GP and Thomas's constipation.

Has the HV not said anything?

i would think this is a medical issue thats not enough milk for a newborn to take and fussing with food might be because he's not well but you cant wait for that to get better i would get back to the Dr's and make them check him again otherwise he could get dehydrated

Well i did not bring Thomas back to the GP as they see us every 2 weeks and keep sending us back saying nothing wrong that it is just a bit of a cold. i phoned the surgery tonight and they told me because it was not an emergency they could not see me tonight, they were too busy :roll:

Take a day off, i took loads since i came back to work as i always take thomas to the gp. I'll see how it goes tonight but i might have to take him to the walking centre tomorrow morning.

I cannot understand gps are not concerned at all. He is 6 months old, is between the 9th and 25th centile, his curb goes down weight wise. He drinks the equivalent of a 4 weeks old baby, is badly constipated, even the medication does not work that much anymore. He has a chest infection but it is back but nope the doctor's cannot care less. the only place who did care ( or wanted to get rid of me) was the walking centre where they gave me the lactulose, in my suregery they told me to give him water while they know he does not accept anything else but milk

He just wants to sleep on me, whuch shows he is not feeling great. i know it is only a day but it feels like i have not slept for weeks.sorry for the moan

If he is constipated he won't take anything incos there is nothing coming out to make room.

Have you tried Lactulose, that can be given to kids, but I'm not sure what age :think:

sorry hun i posted that before i read your post!! lol

If i were you iwould take him to A&E, tell them you cannot get tosee your doctor, he hasn't eaten all day and he is crying and very sleepy!!

They will not turn children away.

It appauling what your GP is doing, your poor little boy is suffering and cannot tell you what is wrong.

I would seriously think of A&E, They may do tests or a scan on his little tummy. :( :( poor sod!

Thanks yvonne, i will monitor him tonight . He might wake up and ask for food. he took 4 ounces since i wrote the post which is coming up to 12 ounces now. his last poos were not hard though, they were like sausages but still a bit soft when you press on it. and it always happens around 5pm. he cannot have colics again at 6 months? :shock: :pray:

I hate seeing him like this, he is such a happy baby otherwise. I will check him tonight and see. I do not want to be over the top but i am so worried each time something is wrong.

I don't blame you hun, but if you are ever worried and the GP is being an arse then go straight to A&E, you can never be too careful with kids!!

GP should know that, i had problems with GP with Amy's croupe, she was 4 months old and the GP said there was a waiting room full of kids with the same thing its just a cough!! :shock: She was taken in hospital that night with problem breathing and needed steroids for 2 days!!

I have first hand experience of crap GP's this is why i am saying. :D

I am so pleased i have this monitor with mouvement sensor because that allows me to sleep better. i am going to have a quick bite and will try to go to bed asap because i knoe he will wkae up during the night. but i d rather him doing that and catching up on his food than not asking for food at all.

thanks yvonne for your support, it is nice to talk to someone :) At work, people are p off with me because i am missing quite a bit and they all got young kids too. i thought they would understand :( the atmosphere is not great and we hardly talk to each other so cannot talk really. that is why i was feeling a bit down but i feel better now :) hopefully thomas will be better soon and ask for food but his cough needs to be checked as it is getting bad again.

speak to you soon :)

aww hun we are here if you need us! hope he is better for you tonight and tomorrow sleep well x

Hope Thomas is ok hun, has he had problems with constipation for a while? Im sorry I cant help just wanted to say hope he gets better soon,

Its horrible and worrying when they refuse food isnt it, recently Ella has been refusing her food. I think she has been a bit constpiated not pooing much and when she does its a hard small poo!
Would this be why she is refusing her food? any suggestions to help constipation, she wont take water!

Hope he's feeling better today ( and you!)

cant believe your work colleagues are like that. if someone i worked with had to keep taking their lo to the dr i would just feel grateful that my lo was healthy and fine! sadly until the create out of hours surgeries for working people its always going to mean time off!

i relpied re your work situation on your other thread hun- posted a link for you.

xxxxx

Hi

Sorry you're having such a tough time.

I would always say if you can't get an answer from your gp go to a&e out of hours and say that he's drowsy and constipated and you are very worried.

I did this with Zara's reflux because the GP wouldn't listen to me. I took her to a&e one evening and told them it had got worse and I couldn't wait until morning. They had a special paediatric unti and they were brilliant and had her on meds within a couple of hours.

Just a thought and not for everyone but it did work for me after weeks of worry and frustration.

Hope he feels better soon and that you get some sleep.

Well, i phoned the surgery on monday and tuesday evening and because they did not consider Thomas as an emergency, they told me they were too busy to take him as an extra consultation :shock: :shock: :shock:

So on tuesday i took Thomas in the Walking centre, waited 2 hours, and the doctor told me Thomas has a chest infection and has to be on antibiotics for a week. So i am going to change surgery, they might be very close to where i live ( 4 minutes walking distance) but very rubbish unless i have to take my day off.

Anyway, i had to take the afternnon off as my little boy still coughsd an waful lot, has a slight temperature and is only drinking about 5 ounces a day and eat half a jar of fruits a day :shakehead:

when he cries, i do not know if it is because he is hungry, hot or cold or if he is teething and i am finding this very stressful because i would like to help him. He cried 30 minutes ago and he is now just in nappy because it is 24 degress in his bedroom. Now i have not got a clue if their chest has to be covered when having a chest infection or not? but it seems to have done the trick cause he is sleeping again.

i do feel for people who have to look after their babies constantly because it is so tiring and depressing not to know what could releive your baby :(

but nursery is the reason, they always have a cold or cough, i suppose this is just a phase to go .

This might sound Harsh but them getting coughs and colds builds their immune system up so in a way its good for him to be at nursery, but i understand its hard work for you and stressful and awful for Thomas.

At least you have had a result in thomas's cough. :wink:

Glad you got stuff sorted hun, :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back