Worried About Ryan :(

littlepip

Reaction score
He had his jabs wednesday morning and ever since thursday he has had a temperature but last night it went up to 102 even tho he had calpol and nurofen an hour before hand. He also hasnt been drinking so this morning mum said take him up a&e to be checked as he had had about 5 ounces in 30 hours and still had a high temp and also hadnt stopped screaming since he woke up. But we sat there for 3 hours (i dont think other people were to happy listening to a screaming baby for 3 hours lol) and he decided he was hungry and drank 4 ounces and his temp had stayed down for a few hours so we left. we took him back to my mums and he fell asleep for nearly 4 hours and when he woke up he was really cheerful and i thought great! So i came home and he had 4 ounces of milk but 10 minutes later milk was literally FLYING out of his mouth!!!! It went EVERYWHERE!!!! So i got him changed and into his pjs and he had a bit of diarrheoa (sp!?) so basically i dont know what to do because he has had about 9 ounces (if that!) in 38 hours?

He's asleep now but if he wakes crying what do i do?? hes had calpol so do i just carry on with him not drinking or to i try and make which probably means he will be sick!? :(

Oh im not really sure but I would try and give him some milk along with some water to ensure he is getting enough fluid and not dehydrated.

Probably best for him to see a Dr, could you call NHS direct or call your local surgery for an out of hours Dr?

Hope he is ok :hug:

have been through something really similar. Cally had her last jab on the weds afternoon. that night she chucked up everywhere, all over OH and Seren. She was then sick again so I phoned NHS direct who told meto keep an eye on her. Thurs she was fine but Friday morning she began being sick again.I phoned my surgery who got the Dr to call me back and he asked me to come in so he could check Cally over. He told me that the vaccs lower the immune system so if they have been fighting any bug this can result in a reaction. Cally had been exposed to a cold, Seren had a bad cold that wednesday. I had to keep feeding her little and often and keep an eye out for any signs of dehydration. She threw upall day thurs (and had some nice nappies) but has been great today.

if you are worried call NHS direct for advice 0845 46 47

he's just had 3 ounces of milk and fallen asleep in my arms, think ill keep him in my bed tonight just incase he is sick otherwise i wont get any sleep!

Oh i hope he manages to keep some of his milk down,
I think so long as he is still proiducing wet nappies, then he should be ok., have you tried to offer some cooled boiled water, if you think he is getting a bit dehydrated?

:hug: :hug: :hug: Must be horrible for you tho sweetie

i tried earlier on but he doesnt like it. he ussually loooves juice so i added some water to it to dilute it down a bit and he wasnt interested. :( hopefully he will sleep well tonight and feel better tomorrow
thanks everyone x

all i can suggest is try and keep giving bubs water that will help keep the temp down, hope hes better soon :hug:

How is he today? Can't believe they didn't make you priority at A & E!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hope he's feeling better today poor little mite :hug:

Personally I would get him checked at emerg docs or your own doctors if you think he can wait until tomorrow, 102 is a very high temperature so its worth checking that he doesnt have an underlying infection and its not the jabs causing the illness afterall. Hope he's better soon hun x

Hey thanks for all ure replies. Ryan woke up at 3am with a raging temperature so gave him calpol and he took about an ounce of milk and winged until he fell asleep. he then woke at 8.30 so i tried him with a little bit of milk and he barely had 2 ounces and i gave him more calpol at nine as his temperature was 100-102 again. We went to the car boot as i thought the fresh air will do him good and he doesnt like being cooped up at home anyway. He had a bit of a sleep and ive given him more calpol at 3 and hes asleep now. Still not drinking more than 2 ounces but at least he's drinking. if he still has a raging temperature by the morning im going to take him to the doctors as this has been going on since thursday morning

Maybe it isn't connected with his jabs and is caused by something else? I'd be inclined to call a Doc now or take him back to hospital if its that high a temp and has been going on a few days.

I work in C so had to look F temp up.

Hope he improves soon.

Thanks everyone he's a lot better today thankfully. still not drinking masses of amount but seems happier in himself and temperature seems to have stayed down since last night :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back