Feel so empty

frankie247

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy and second miscarriage but I just feel like something has been taken away from me and I'd already started to think about having something to care for and hold. I know it sounds stupid but I wish I had a cat or a dog or something that could try and fill in this raw empty gap. :roll:

Anyone else feel like this?

So sorry to hear of ur loss hun, :hugs: i had a mc in june this year and struggled so much but I know exactly what u mean, I've only had 1 pregnancy and 1 mc and I have been pestering my oh for months and months to get me a dog to look after, this was even before I was pregnant! I think it is just our mothering instinct kicking into gear and we need to let it out even if it is on a pet. Xx

Kanga we are exactly the same - I have been banging out about getting a puppy for ages - I even joked with OH 'dog or baby!!' because of course we weren't planning baby...... now we've mc I've started thinking of puppy names as we're still planning on getting a pup after Christmas and leaving the baby thing for a while....... Frankie, I agree with Kanga - it's a mothering instinct thing; not a replacement for a baby, but just nice to have to something to care for..... xx

entirely natural....... i actually bought a cat after one of my losses.....(dogs are an awful lot of commitment and I work full time so it wouldnt be fair)

Hey, I am going through a mc now, found out yesterday and my dog has been such a comfort, big hugs all evening, I completly understand where your coming from, its the comfort and love thing u need xx sending a big cwtch xx

def, my dog was soo cwtchy and lovely, extra hot water bottle, when I was mcing at home and cramping after. Getting a dog kickstarted my family/baby feelings i think, def those mothering instincts! big hug to to you frankie and all those girls who seem to be going through it this week. its been a sad week on this part of forum, big hugs girls xxx :hug: :hug:

Completly normal to feel this way I had a termination for medical reasons yesterday it too is the second baby iv lost. Animals can be a great comfort we brought our rabbits indoors for cuddles and they were a source of.comfort and routine as we have to feed and care for them as normal and it forced us both to get up in the.mornings , if you do get a pet just ensure u research online first as there is often. More to any animal both in costs and needs than first meets the eye and of course.ensure that wen you do finally get pregnant and have a gorgeous baby you would still be able to care for your choosen pet. Id love a puppy but we don't have time for one right now :( it is true though that what you need most right now is huge amounts of love and support from family and freinds losing a baby is sooo very hard and I do understand having to go through it more than once makes it even harder big hugs huni here if u need or want a chat xx

Hey ladies,
I have just found out today that I also have had a MMC, this is my 2nd in a row. But I do have a 2 yr old boy, who is a great comfort.I know I have him and I am so lucky.
So sorry for all your loses,think I am still in shock, cant believe its happened again. xxxxx

oh Corrinne, huge hugs how sad. Thinking of you xxxxx

Oh no corrinne, massive hugs to u, so so sad to hear this :hugs:

Abbyw I did the exact same thing dog or baby? I got neither for over a year, then he agreed to try for a baby, but I still want a dog too, even more so now I think. Xx

so sorry corinne. xx

I dont think we'll be getting a pet - but i think i just crave that comfort, i'm sure with time it'll pass and things will get back to normal.

thanks for all your comments xx

Oh girls! Im sorry to read all of these posts today! Big hugs to you all! Xxxx

I have been filling the void with material things, new sofa new bits for the house. In wish I could stop counting things in weeks though

My dog was such a comfort during time of my MMC. Because I work at reception dealing with people everyday it was 3 weeks before I felt fit to go back to work. That time at home I was so glad that I had her as she kept me going every day and can honestly say got me out of the house. Very demanding and wanting walked. :)

So sorry about everyone's losses and wish you all BFPs soon.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back