• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feel quite strange - what do you think?

KirstyL

Reaction score
Just wondered what you girls think :
I feel absolutely rotten atm, I have what I think is the start of a cold, my throat is sore, I’ve got a banging headache, runny nose and eyes, and look a right state! On top of that, I feel dreadfully sick (haven’t been sick), have cramping pains in lower tummy, and sore back, also very lightheaded and wobbly – I rang the midwife when I got home last night, and she just said it sounds like something I’ve eaten, and it’s probably just a dicky tummy, but to rest, and ring back if it gets worse.

Well, didn’t get worse, but didn’t get better either, had the weird cramps all night, hardly slept, and again feel dreadful today L

Don’t know if this is a coincidence, but I went to a farm at the weekend, and they had newborn lambs, I didn’t touch them, and washed my hands a lot, but I don’t know if this is the cause? (I was reading in the pregnancy book that if you develop flu like symptoms after coming into contact with sheep/lambs, to tell your doc), I’m probably just scaring myself reading all sorts into it tbh, far too much information available sometimes!

xx

Just to be on the safe side and get some reasurrance better getting in to see the doc even if it is for a natter, have you developed diarrhea? Do you have a temperature? Don't think the weather would be helping matters too, hope you are feeling better soon x

Oh I'm not sure. Did you mention to your midwife that you had been in contact with lambs? xx

Just to be on the safe side and get some reasurrance better getting in to see the doc even if it is for a natter, have you developed diarrhea? Do you have a temperature? Don't think the weather would be helping matters too, hope you are feeling better soon x

Hi hun, yeah had diarrhea yesterday (sorry tmi I know), just rang the doc, they have no appointments with the doctor, or nurse and the mw isn't in surgery today :( Not sure about the temperature, just feel really icky.
I hope I do too, I'm rubbish at being ill!xx

Oh I'm not sure. Did you mention to your midwife that you had been in contact with lambs? xx

I did, she either didn't seem too bothered, or didn't hear me properly.
Now I can't get in to see the doctor, I'll probably be giving them another ring today.xx

You could be dehydrated too, ring the MW again and tell her again what has happened, surgery or no surgery she will have to advise you. If possible might be worse seeing if you can hand in a sample to the surgery, but in the meantime drink plenty of fluids to try getting this out of your system. If you are happy to wait try and get the next available appointment, but when you ring make sure they know that you are 29 weeks pregnant!

x

I rang back the MW at the Hospital and explained how I felt yesterday and how I feel today, and she said that I could have picked up a bug of some sort, and to take paracetamol, and stay hydrated, to lay off the diet if needs be, but as long as baby is moving, then it sounds okay. Also said that I should phone back the doctor if it doesn't get better, as with the best will in the world, the last thing they want, is a bug spreading around the maternity unit, which is fair enough.
I've just taken a couple of tablets, so I'll give it an hour, see how I feel then, and if needs be, ring back the doctor and explain to the miserable receptionist that I need an appointment today! Thanks again hunni,
xx

Hey no probs, just keep up with the fluids please and if you are not feeling the same usual movements get yourself up to the unit to be monitored x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back