Feel like I've missed something!!!

Mmmmh, might get bepanthen and savlon then x

After going in ASDA earlier I came back with two dummies :lol: £1.30 and were the exaxt same as the £4.00 Avent ones and another milk powder dispenser pot just for the odd formula feed :lol:

Planning to breastfeed? Try not to give baby a dummy if you are for 8 to 4 weeks min to avoid nipple confusion this totally messed up my bf with my daughter i was warned by everyone but my DH thought they were cute lol my son had one at 4-5 weeks and he was confused for about 2 days but then he got the hang of it again but had to build his milk supply up again x

We've not got dummies as I hate them! DD never had one and never needed them and never sucked her thumb or anything. I know all baby's are different but Im going to try to stick to no dummies. My sis tried to give one to DD but she wasnt interested and it went straight in the bin!

After going in ASDA earlier I came back with two dummies :lol: £1.30 and were the exaxt same as the £4.00 Avent ones and another milk powder dispenser pot just for the odd formula feed :lol:

Planning to breastfeed? Try not to give baby a dummy if you are for 8 to 4 weeks min to avoid nipple confusion this totally messed up my bf with my daughter i was warned by everyone but my DH thought they were cute lol my son had one at 4-5 weeks and he was confused for about 2 days but then he got the hang of it again but had to build his milk supply up again x

Deffo BF!! Yup, luckily Jacob never got confused - lol. But then again he gave up his dummy after a couple of months anyway x

Sooooo lucky!! Mine gave their up well DD did at 14 months i took it from my son at 18 months lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob was only a few months old and he found out that if you put it in and pulled it out it made a nice sound :rofl: So it was a game to him in the end, so I took it away with no moaning :lol:

We've not got dummies as I hate them! DD never had one and never needed them and never sucked her thumb or anything. I know all baby's are different but Im going to try to stick to no dummies. My sis tried to give one to DD but she wasnt interested and it went straight in the bin!

I hate them too and don't see the point but DH thinks they are great lol!!

Bloody husbands eh?! X lol

Lol I only buy the flat ones anyway!! I hate cherry ones with a passion!!

DD had the cherry ones at 3 months and wouldn't BF again LO had avent ones the flat ones I told DH they are ok I don't agree with them but it's not just my baby so we have made a compromise that baby had avent between 1-2 months when and if colic sets in lol x

Lol I only buy the flat ones anyway!! I hate cherry ones with a passion!!

This might be a daft question but what's the difference? What difference do they make?

The cherry ones hit the top
Of the mouth and automatically cause the sucking reflex but because it's such a different tech-nick to breastfeeding i.e.. They can't use their tongue on a dummy coz it pops out when they try to breastfeed again If they don't use their tongue they get no milk where as the flat ones try can still use their tongue slightly and it doesn't encourage them straight away with the suckling in a certain way coz it doesn't hit the roof of their mouths as fast lol hope that males sense x

WOW your list is longer than mine!!! and i thought i had a long list, i think all i've got left to buy is nappies, creams and a pushchair, luckily i have a friend who has an 8month old little boy so she has given me all of his old stuff.

I tried to breastfeed with my eldest but couldn't so we had to use bottles, we tried him with a dummy but he just really didn't like it so it got thrown out, my 2nd boy never had one and my littlest only had one on the recomendation of the SCBU so that he didn't lose his sucking reflex while he couldn't be breastfed, when i did start breast feeding him he never had any problems taking to it. I am getting a couple for this one just in case but going to try not to use them if possible.

The cherry ones hit the top
Of the mouth and automatically cause the sucking reflex but because it's such a different tech-nick to breastfeeding i.e.. They can't use their tongue on a dummy coz it pops out when they try to breastfeed again If they don't use their tongue they get no milk where as the flat ones try can still use their tongue slightly and it doesn't encourage them straight away with the suckling in a certain way coz it doesn't hit the roof of their mouths as fast lol hope that males sense x

Ah ha! I see! Makes sense now! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back