• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feel like a spare part :(

1stBump12

Reaction score
Not sure what I want to gain from this post, but just wanted to vent a bit!

Granted I'm not particularly happy in my job (more company policy/managers attitudes than unhappy with the job I do), but I am left feeling like a spare part.

I was signed off sick last week as my ligament pain/SPD was so bad and I was very down - came back this Monday and decisions have been made, I'm not copied into emails, manager phones a colleague to see if I'm in, then leaves a message with them to tell me something etc, etc.

Now maybe I'm just being sensitive, was a little even before pregnancy hormones, but I feel like unwanted already :( With AL before my ML I am finishing on 28th September, so still got 51 working days (have a week booked off both in July & August) left and don't have much to do. I have quite a strong work ethic so this feels really alien to me....

Is it worth saying anything or is there little point?!?

Thanks if you got this far ;) xx

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low at work. I totally get how you are feeling!
I think it would be wise to speak to your manager and just explain that you want to still participate as a member of the team until you go on maternity leave and therefore you would appreciate still being included into emails, etc. It does bug me that we are made to feel like its 'just hormones' making us feel this way when in my experience I had reason to feel worried.

I hope that you can get something sorted!X

Tell them, for sure - they need to keep you comforatble emotionally as well as physically - and if they are starting to bi-pass you (which in turn makes you unhappy) then they need to know.

They may see it as an "exercise" to see how much they can do without you, but still you being there on stand-by as their safety net.
If this is the case, then ask if they wish to continue doing that exercise that they should at least give you something else to work on to keep you happy! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back