I feel like I'm falling apart

timsmom

Reaction score
I have had a pain like stitch for the last few days and rang my midwife as it kept me awake. She said I might hava UTI so traipsed off to docs to find out. She couldn't find a water infection, examined me and said it was just one of those things. I was a bit put out as I feel really grotty and left.

I also have a regular problem with my knees where, when my quads shorten through too much exercise or anything, it moves my knee cap up. This then rubs on the cartilage and is agony coming down stairs etc.. I usually just have to do quad stretches a few times a day and after a day ot two it eases. Not so at the moment. I'm stretching them all the time and if anything its gettng worse. Does anyone know what this is called?

If the stitch doesn't go, I'll go back to docs and ask about my knee at the same time

I'm not sure what it's called, but you could try either of these:

While standing, tense and hold your quads for a count of two then relax. Repeat 5 - 10 times.

While sitting on the edge of the chair, tense your quads as you raise your legs to roughly horizontal. Release the tension as you lower them.

Grab a swiss ball (birthing ball / fitness ball) and place it against a wall so it doesn't roll back. Slowly lower yourself onto it and then back up to standing. Do that 5-10 times.

Either of those should help your quads.

Thanks Matt but it's not my quads which are the problem. I think its known as malalignment of the patella and probably because I've more progesterone in my system at the moment and the ligaments are softer it feels worse.

Thanks anyway and I'll carry on with the stretching for the time being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back