• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feel like a bad mum :-(

ninjawomble

Reaction score
OMG I feel awful :cry:

I was carrying Isla upstairs to change her nappy, and I tripped on the stair, falling forward on her, but hitting her head on the next stair :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

She was so upset she screamed so hard. Luckily it was just before HV came to visit, so she checked her over and she seems ok, but god do I feel crappy. I started crying as soon as I answered door to the HV, I was so upset.

Im keeping an eye on her coz Im to take her to A&E if theres any change, but she seems ok.

Poor little girl, just coz she has a clumsy mum :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

YOU ARE A GREAT MUM!!!!!!!!!!!
dont worry hun this happens to every mum, ive bumped jacks head a few times and cried everytime.
its just one of these things, dont feel bad
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I did exactly the same thing when Isaac was 6 weeks old!! I felt like the worst mum in the world, but main thing is, I was ok and Isaac was ok! think everyone does something like that at some point!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

dont beat yourself up over it, it does not make you a bad mum!! These little accidents happen to everyone and we all get upset. Last week Dylans sleeping bag was in the wash so i used his blanket, i tucked it in but not particulary tightly as i didnt want to disturb him. i then fell asleep and thank God woke up an hour later! the blanket was completely covering his face and head. i screamed and it startled him, i threw the blanket off he opened his eyes and fell back asleep but i had pick him up anyway to give cuddles and lots of kisses and apologies i felt terrible. I cant explain the relief i felt when my scream made him jump and i saw his little arms shoot up. the next morning i ordered 2 more sleeping bags so that next time its in the wash, il have a back up.
These things happen to us all,
Isla will be fine il bet she just got upset because of the initial shock rather than her being hurt but has probably forgotten all about it by now :hug: :hug:

Awwwww hunni your not a bad mummy :hug: :hug: :hug:

This is my biggest scare about either falling up or down the stairs with the baby :(

HOpes your feeling better and Isla is ok :hug: :hug:

:hug: There are lots of posts on here from similar incidents, i was hysterical when Es rolled off the sofa at 5 wks and the NHS direct bloke asked why I was sobbing :roll:

:hug: :hug: Im sure she will be fine, I took Es to hospital and the Dr didnt even look at her and asked if she was dizzy, had a headache or felt sick 9at 5 weeks!! :roll: :lol: )

Awww.... :hug: :hug: don't worry hon.

My mum apparently did exactly the same to me when I was a few weeks old and she too felt really guilty. But I wsa fine - here to tell the tale, obviously!

I'm sure we all do similar things...like keelieb, I put Niamhs blanket on her earlier in her car seat, carried her up the stairs, left her in the lounge whilst I made a cup of tea, as she was sleeping. Came back in and the blanket was over her face, when I pulled it off I had to poke her in the cheek until she stirred and I knew she was alright! In fact, I poke her a lot to make sure she stirs a bit and I know she's alright :lol: . Poor little thing!

It was just an accident hun :hug:

I'm sure she'll be ok, babies are tough! :)

aww hun of course you arent a bad mum..if you are anything like me im up and down the stairs constantly changing Ollies nappy so it could easily happen.

Hope you are both ok now,

Claire x

Aww hun dont be so hard on yourself! :hug: :hug: :hug:
It was an accident and accidents happen unfortunately! :hug: You didnt mean to do it so how can you be a bad mum??
TBH I was so worried about tripping down the stairs, I had Joe move the changing unit down to the living room heehee Im such a worrier and as much as Im telling you dont be upset with yourself, I know I would be the same heeehee its natural! :hug: :hug:

Don't worry hun.

My mum tipped me out of my buggy down some concrete steps when I was only a few weeks old! Babies are tougher than they look. I bet you've suffered more for it than she has so go easy on yourself. xxxx

NO NO NO! You are a fab mum!!!! :hug:

When i first bought Teddy home i was changing his nappy on the floor downstairs and i opened up thr plastic box that i keep everything in and the clip on the front scratched his head as opened the lid. I felt terrible and he screeched the house down (then about 10 seconds later was fine lol) he also had a scratch on his head that kept reminding me and making me cry. I rang my mum as i felt so bad and she said when i was a baby she parked the car outside an ATM and jumped out to get some money leaving me in there and our dog at the time seen a cat running down the road and jump out the boot and over me and scratched my face accidently with her claw and i was bawling and my face was bleeding. She said she felt so so bad for ages after.

I think something like this happens to everyone. :hug: my OH didnt dare hold him unless he was sitting down and had a cushion underneath him for ages because his nephew rolled off his knee once when he was younger!

YOUR NOT A BAD MUM! We all have accidents hun, don't beat your self up about it, main thing is you are both ok :hug:

Awww, don't be so hard on yourself! Things like this happen, it doesn't mean you're a bad Mum! I'll bet Isla has forgotten all about it by now ;) :hug:

lea m said:
Aww hun dont be so hard on yourself! :hug: :hug: :hug:
It was an accident and accidents happen unfortunately! :hug: You didnt mean to do it so how can you be a bad mum??
:hug: :hug:

What she said!

It's so hard to see the situation properly because it is so very upsetting for you. But try to think what you would think if you read this thread about someone else - would you think they were a bad mum for tripping? i really don't think you would :hug: IMO, the bad mum is the one who doesn't care that their baby was upset because they tripped. You care lots!

Awww ninja don't feel bad it happes to us all. I was carrying Rudy through a door the other day and managed to walk to close to the frame and he hit his head off the frame really really hard. He broke his heart crying and then I started crying........... it was a big palava. He was fine though.

Its just a part of being a mother unfortunatly. I hope you are feeling better now. Your are a great mother who obviously cares massivley for your baby girl.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

aramintalovegrove said:
:hug: There are lots of posts on here from similar incidents, i was hysterical when Es rolled off the sofa at 5 wks and the NHS direct bloke asked why I was sobbing :roll:

:hug: :hug: Im sure she will be fine, I took Es to hospital and the Dr didnt even look at her and asked if she was dizzy, had a headache or felt sick 9at 5 weeks!! :roll: :lol: )

I did exactly the same thing ...Violet was a few weeks old an rolled off the sofa!!!! I posted on here about feeling like a bad mum.

These things happen hun...as long as your LO is ok now...don't worry. xxxx
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dont be so silly lady, it happens. Gosh ive knocked Hopes head on the door frame in our house a fair few times, not on purpose obviously lol. You cant help accidents, its not like you did it on purpose so dont worry :hug:

ah dont worry as long as your both ok.
my little girl wriggled out of her high chair in john lewis and fell on the floor- it all happened so quick i was only turned round for a second! she was alright tho but we both cried in frount of everyone in there. me more than her if i'm honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back