Trouble passing stools

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
I am so upset..posted a few weeks ago that Ruby was assing hard stools which was hurting her, causing distress....well its getting worse :cry:

She seems to be hanging on to it as its been hurting so only goes every other day...when she does pass its so hard and big, its even cut her little bum causing it to bleed :cry: :cry:

Took her to docs thursday and they gave me some salts or her which I have been giving her in the mornings but she is still getting frantic when she goes, and cried the lace down. It makes me cry too, she hangs onto me, I rub her back while she strains and eventually after a few mins shes done but its so distressing for her and me..

Her diet is good, she eats loads of fresh fruit and veg, no sweets and plenty of juice/water. She even has prues this morning but the didnt help.

Anyne else experienced this?? I feel like such a bad mummy, like I am doing something wrong :think: ??????????

You're not doing anything wrong hun, she's having everything she should be like fruit and veg and plenty of water! Does she have any fibre in her diet? like weetabix or porridge for brekkie?

hun you are not the only one emma is exactly the same but she holds on for days its horrible she is currently on lactulose to see if that helps but its not :cry: its awful. i hope ruby gets better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i am having the same with Hannah hun have been for about a month, i am giving her a spoon of califig before bed buit doesnt always help

does it help at all? if so might get emma some

how is she? apart from trying to give her more fibre (as pp has already suggested), im not sure... if the stuff the doc has given you doesn't help, get her back to the docs.

The poor little thing!

give ruby a big sloopy kiss from me and alice :hug:

Could never get her to eat weetabix, she spat it out...but tried it with warm milk yesterday and she loved it

She loves raw and cooked veg, and has brown bread and plenty of juice and water during the day :think: ....

Tonight sh got distressed and clung to me, she was pushing and I rubbed her back as normal...when she finaly went it was really soft but she was still VERY upset and it took ages to calm her down :(

If its no better in a day or two, I am going back to the docs, I cant bear it xxxxxxx

Rubys mummy said:
Could never get her to eat weetabix, she spat it out...but tried it with warm milk yesterday and she loved it

She loves raw and cooked veg, and has brown bread and plenty of juice and water during the day :think: ....

Tonight sh got distressed and clung to me, she was pushing and I rubbed her back as normal...when she finaly went it was really soft but she was still VERY upset and it took ages to calm her down :(

If its no better in a day or two, I am going back to the docs, I cant bear it xxxxxxx

Oh bless her, because she's been distressed by it before as her stools have been hard and painful she's probably working herself up when she needs to go. I hope it gets sorted soon hun. It must been horrible for her and you to have to go through :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back