Feel bad, I know I shouldn't but I can't help it.

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
I was just joking with my nice boss at work (as opposed to the odd one) about if he worked on his own he'd be loaded so I joked asking if he was going to sack everyone and he replied that he couldn't do without me.

Which is a great compliment, but it makes me feel really bad that in two weeks (after my scan) I have to tell him I'm taking maternity leave for a year in May. I will have been on the firm one year when I go on leave so feel really bad. I know I'm entitled to have a baby but I just hate letting people down. :( Obviously my priority is my baby but you know . . .

Then he keeps asking me what extra staff I need but I can't saying anything because I won't be here in 6 months so I need to be replaced first. I just mumbled something about sorting it out in the new year. :oops:

On a lighter note I get my new car this week - one big enough to fit a pushchair in! :clap: :clap: (I'm sure hubby has changed my car so he won't have to get rid of his! :lol: ) And I have my scan next week then I can start shopping for the baby!

Anyone else crying at Xmas songs on the radio? Just me then! :rotfl:

:hug: Aww hun you musn't feel bad!

You are a woman! women have babies!! (thankgod they do :lol: ) no boss or working enviroment can expect you not to want a family.

:hug:

I feel the same hon. My boss spent 6 months recruiting for my position and I only started last January. Because we just had the shocking news about it being twins I've now got to have a year off and going in May time. I feel awful.

My boss is a woman but she won't understand because she's a career woman, I'm worried I'll lose my job if I'm not careful. Need to do some serious ass licking before I go off!

Try not to worry too much. Your boss sounds nice so will try to understand and you can be help in recruiting your extra staff and replacement so you can slot right back in if you go back x

I haven't had an easy time in work since I joined just over a year ago. We got married in May so there have been a few jokes about me getting preggers but I just say my 4 year old step-daughter is more than enough. I had my probation extended in March so instead of it finishing in April (just before the big day) it was extended by 3 months and then by an extra 1 month to compensate me being on leave for 3 weeks getting married. I passed my probation officially in September and now 3 months later I'm 6 weeks gone. Oops :rotfl:

Personally I will have very little sympathy for my company. I know it will be hard as we're still short a team member plus we have one who is almost always out sick and one who has applied for a new job. I had originally planned to not start TTC until we had this Xmas over and done with but after what happened in work, I asked myself why I should put my plans on hold to suit them. I didn't join the company to go on maternity so soon as I know of other women who are no sooner in a job than they're out having kids. I used to feel that it was no wonder some companies are wary of hiring women of child bearing age but you know what .... the guys who will make comments behind my back wouldn't be here if their mothers hadn't gotten pregnant. We're earning good money but still need both salaries to make ends meet so I will have to return to work at some stage for at least 3 months especially if I don't want my employers reclaiming my maternity pay.

As long as you are a permanent employee you can't be touched. As long you don't do anything to warrant being sacked then if they try to get rid of you, you would have a good claim for unfair dismissal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back