feel a bit silly

BevG

Reaction score
as the title says really. i got a letter about a breastfeeding workshop i get to go to on 21st of jan. all good news etc but i have to take a doll or teddy with me to practise with! :shock:

almost all my teddies are in binbags in the loft...i have 3 me to you bears on my wardrobe that are in no way suitable so ive had to dig out my doll from when i was a baby. the thing is 30 yrs old, grubby as hell and i swear its a lil creepy lol. i also love it to pieces. her name is kelly, i got her pretty much when i was born and have kept her ever since, she has some of my baby clothes in the box with her as well as an old fashioned baby sleeping bag and blue snowsuit lol. the clothes are horrible, dirty stained and musty lol but i might just wash them and see if any are useable as there are a couple of nice cardigans and sleepsuits. now i have to clean 30 yrs worth of grime off her so i can use her for class lol.

anyone else got horribly grubby used and abused old things that you love to pieces and couldnt bear to part with? (my OH has a tattered bear thing thats currently on the wardrobe in babys room lol)

I have a 'blankey' which is rancid! Its remnants of a blanket from when I was little and has never been washed as I couldnt be without it!! Yuck!

Its in the back of my underwear draw now as OH cant stand the sight of it! I used to suck my thumb and twiddle the blankey lol!!

How nice!!!! :)

aww thats so sweet that u kept her so long, i had a couple of bears but they went in the bin few years back when i was
having a down time and didnt care about being sentimenta
i do have my baby lamp which i loved so much, its porcelan mushroom house with rabbits and bears comig out of the window but the bulbs always went cos when i was a baby so it might just end up a ornament lol

I have a poppal..teddy that turns into a ball and a teddy monkey that came free with pg tips lol. Had them both since I was about 4..so 25 years...both still on my bed lol x

I don't have anything like that lol I was just a thumb sucker, and i still am :shock:

lol ok so im not completely the odd one out, i'll take a pic and show you my Kelly doll. mum says that she used to often mistake the doll falling off the sofa as me and try to save her lol. also i insisted she be named kelly and then a year later my uncle had a daughter and named her kelly too which is a bit of a weird coincidence lol

this is my Kelly doll lol
SAM_0342.jpg

i have two teddies, one is a little duck and the other is a rainbow care bear! i also have a "blankey" that's actually the duvet cover i used when i was a toddler, its Paddington Bear :) which LO will be having once he's old enough!

I have a baby born and a tinny tears (and a few others LOL) - though my niece has relieved me of them for the time being - she is not happy about giving them back so her cousin can play with them :-?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back