Feeding 'window'

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Ok at the moment Lizzie has her dinner around 5 (depending on when she's had lunch) but there's a really tiny window where she'll actually eat happily. If I try to give her food before 4:50 then she'll just turn away and not take anything - if I leave it till 5:15 then she's screaming cos she's starving!

I had to go out the other afternoon all of a sudden and it turned out I was driving between 4:45 and 5:15, oh no! :lol:
So tried to give her something before, she wouldn't have it....by the time we got to our destination she was well angry! Ended up giving her a 'liquid' tea of formula because it was all she would happily accept at that point.

Basically, when does this end? When do babies/toddlers get a bit more flexible about feeding times? When can I ask Lizzie to just 'hang on 5 minutes'? :)

If you find out, let me know, i have this problem at lunch time!

I can't remember when it got better for us, probably around 18 months! It's horrible isn't it! Mine will eat anywhere between 4 and 6 now if needs be, but there's a Lot of shouting goes on in the last few minutes before it's ready!

I'm quite lucky! Charley's a pig so will eat whenever! Lol
Could you maybe give her lunch a bit earlier? x x

I can change the other meal times slightly if I know in advance but this was a case where I literally got a phone call and had to go straight out!
Guess this is why mummies can't be spontaneous....and never turn up on time lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back