2 hourly feeds?????

claireabell

Reaction score
Hi ladies....
Ashlea is now 11 weeks old tomorrow and is feeding every 1 1/2 - 2 hours through the day - she is on SMA white for hungrier babies and takes between 5-8oz every feed. She is sleeping between 9-12 hours a night so I just thought she was making up for lost time during the day. My HV said to feed her when she's hungry but then my SIL has a friend who's a HV and she said that I shouldn't be feeding her that often and will give her an upset tummy...so I'm a bit confused as to what to do. Ashlea's awake most of the day and she never stays still her legs and arms are always busy... :lol: that's another reason the HV said to feed her when she's hungry because she'll be using up so much energy....she's gaining weight really well and growing lots..I've tried to let her go longer and give her water etc but she just screams til she gets her milk! So any advice welcome please.....
Thanks
xxxxx

I would say go with what she seems happy with. 9-12 hrs at night at her age is fantastic and I am of the same opinion they will sleep through the night if they feed enough during the day. I try and feed every 3hrs during the day with an extra feed at 6pm and a solid feed at 12:30 in between the 3 hourly feeds.

Hi Nicky,

Yeah that's what I thought, at what age did you start with solid foods...do you mean like baby rice or rusks? My HV said not to even think about putting Ashlea on baby rice or rusks til she's at least 16-18 weeks...but I think she could be quite happy with it now. The HV said something about it can cause bowel, liver or kidney damage....has anyone else heard of this? I've never heard of it before.....I started Haylea on baby rice when she was about 4 months, just not sure if Ashlea's a bit too young yet.....Everythings changed since I had Haylea and things you could do then you can't do now etc....
Thanks
Claire
xxxxx

Started her properly at 4 months exactly. Did give her a bit for a couple of days earlier when she was going through a growth spurt. Baby rice at the moment, going to start trying some veg etc very soon. I did feel I was keeping her waiting for it. They recommend waiting until 6 months but Ellie was definitely ready for it now.

Hiya hun :D :D :D :D

I would go with what Ashlea wants atm hun, i know its hard work and u cant get anything done, but shes sleeping brilliant at night, i'd rather have her feeding like that during the day than getting up like that at night.

I started Sophie on solids when she was 12 weeks old with advice from HV, every baby is different hun go with what Ashlea wants.

Speak soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

how much does she weigh hunni? Alfie has 5 8oz feeds a day and slps all night and when i was in hosp with him and they asked what feeds he has and i told them they said i was over feeding him 4 his age but they also said he was nrly the weight of a 6 month old so i said to them how could i over feed him if he was the wieight of a six month old? they treat you as a majority which is wrong no 2 babies r the same its obviously workin really well hun carry on :hug:

nathan was exactly the same i literally run out of bottle! he was having that much that often. he too was always on the go. i gave hime baby rice at 14 weeks he was fine on it even now he has a big appetite. he never got a sore tummy either even though he was having that much milk my HV was the same in that she didnt think he should have that much but i carried on i think it was cos he was sleeping most of the night he just crammed all day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back