Feeding every two hours, advise please

spacehopper

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new in this section :D

Archie is now 4 days old and was 3 weeks early.

The first 2 days he was drinking 2-3 oz every 4 hours but now he is drinking 1 and a half and wanting it every 2 hours. I know that he is getting what he needs but is it normal to be waking that often for it and not drinking it all every 4?

I hope that made sense :lol:

xx

Hi,
I don't know much about formula as my Lo was breast fed but they do feed a lot in the first week. their tummies are tiny so they need little and often.
:D

Yep little newbies quite often want little and often. I was feeding Emms every hour to start with but she was BF. Hope you are ok and getting used to being new mummy! :hug: :hug:

Thankyou very much for your advice.

Loz, im loving it, but not used to it as of yet lol still seems unreal

xx

:hug: :hug:

Meadow is also feeding really often - every 2 or 3 hours.

I hope when her bodyweight increases she will start needing it less frequently.

Dawn
x

hey hun jack is 7 weeks old and is stiil feeding every 2 to 3 hours!! xx

Corey would still feed every 2-3 hours given half the chance, its usually between 3 and 4 now, but if hes hungry - feed him! :lol: Porkers these babies can be!!

When he was younger it was more offten too!

Hi :wave:

Congrats on you new arrival first of all!

Yes, It is normal for them to be a greedy Lil guts at this age... Fynn was a formula fed baby and he wanted to be fed every 2 hours for about the first 2 months or so... dont ever be frightened to up his ounces whenever you think he needs it either.... I had an incident once when Fynn was about 2 weeks old where he wouldnt stop crying after his feeds... I was scared to up his feeds because previously my HV had told me not too.... so I rang the HV one day when Fynn wouldnt stop bawling and spoke to a different HV and she told me to add another ounce or 2.. I did... and he was fine after that!!!

Good Luck

yeh thats perfectly normal. most babies feed every 2 - 3 hours up until you wean at 6 months. at some point eventually they do start sleeping longer in the night so you get a break! and much needed sleep! Once my son finally figured out that your spose to sleep at night he use to got to bed at 7 then wake at 10, 2 and 6 for more bottles. he stil usually wakes for one now around 3am! then he'd have a bottle every 2-3hours in the day. he still feeds that regularly now but some of its replaced with meals! Lol welcome to motherhood and the constant flow of making bottles up. give it a month you'll be able to make them up blindfolded and still half asleep! us mums have great skills let me tell you! 8) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back