Fed up

kellylou

Reaction score
Baby is not too far away now and hubby has said I need to go back to work full hours as the bills still have to be paid we get a small amount of tax credits which get reduced in april and I just feel so upset I haven't even finished work yet and am dreading having to go back.

Hubby gets a 4 day week for same pay me I have to fit 5 days into 4 so will be shattered really don't know what to do as we have all the bills still to pay, anyone know who we can talk to for advice as chilcare will cost us £500 a month which I have no idea how we will pay as all our outgoings will be the same as now I have really not enjoyed being pregnant at all I have been stressed from start to finish from family to finances and now I just wish I wasn't in this situation and that in maybe 10 years our debt would be gone and I could've enjoyed having a baby AND be able to enjoy maternity:wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

Sorry for rant really upset and when hubby goes "its not about you wanting to be off with baby its about our bills getting paid" it upset me :oooo:

Tims always saying to me well you best get back to work asap after having the baby but men don't relise how hard it is to work and be a mum! Look into seeing if you can get some childcare paid for. Hope you manage to get something sorted x x

ohh i can relate =( young and dum....in my case....not prepared although me and bf work fulltime...childcare wuld cost us £500...i mean £500!!!!!!!!!!! jesus ...i may aswell cut my hours to look after the baby and ...u gotta give the childminders.....nappies n stuff..................rip off!!!!!!!??? yep but back too subject....i am dreading working fulltime too which i think i may have to do...my shifts cause me to be shattered as it is...even before was pregnant! xx

Dont hink it helps that i hate work at the mo

have you tried the child tax credit calculator on direct govs website:

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

i think if your household income is less than about £50k your entitled to something if u pay proper child care providers, i know both me n hubby work full time, earn about 17k each and will be entitled to about 3k per year towards childcare which wont pay for half of it, but every little helps!!

if they are proper childcare providers that you are looking at (as in registered properly)

http://childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefinder/

then some employers do you tax vouchers that go out b4 u get any wages on a monthly basis but u dont pay tax or NI on em (i work for local council and will save about £55 per month in tax on em)

http://www.childcarevouchers.co.uk/Parents/HelpAndSupport/Pages/FAQs.aspx

the links might explain a lot better than i can, lol but good luck, it helped me a lot and now im not so daunted about whats gona happen with money after babys born or im back at work,

good luck

xxx

Thanks for that hubby has had a look but keeps getting different figures, basically I am no better off I work full time to part time except obv I earn less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back